Thread: Grizzly G0771Z table saw issue

Grizzly G0771Z table saw issue

Hey everyone,
    I recently bought a Grizzly G0771Z table saw and am in the process of setting it up. I’m running into an issue where the motor hits the motor cover as I raise the blade beyond beyond 2 3/4” inches. The motor cover is flexible enough that the blade will continue to rise, but it’s forcing the blade to come out of 90*.

At full blade extension, you can see that the motor extends beyond the cover opening.

IMG_20200318_201810.jpg

IMG_20200318_201757.jpg

I've reached out to Grizzly but haven't heard back yet. In the meantime, are other G0771Z owners experiencing this issue? Could someone share a picture of their motor location at full extension?

Thanks!
    -John

I looked on the Griz site and they claim that the max blade rise at 90 degrees is 3-1/4" and in another spot they say 3-1/8". That is a little bit over what you are achieving.

It appears that if you modified the motor cover that you could achieve the 3-1/8" . Maybe they made a production change of the motor or cover and no one remembered to check the max blade height. I do see on the parts list that the fan cover is version 2 (pt # 29 - 1V2).

Blog Entries
    Did you hear back from Grizzly yet?
    - Bob R.
    Collegeville PA (30 minutes west of Philly)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Riefer View Post
    Did you hear back from Grizzly yet?
    I called yesterday and because I had sent new photos to tech, they told me they needed to process the photos before they could diagnose. This has been a frustrating process for sure.

Blog Entries
    Can you post some more pics here? Maybe a couple that are zoomed out a bit too (rather than 100% close ups) to provide a bit of context
    - Bob R.
    Collegeville PA (30 minutes west of Philly)

I'm curious, did you remove the top or motor or disassemble it in anyway ?

Yeah, looks like the motor manufacturer made a switch on the fan cover that caught Grizzly off guard. It could take a while for them to send you a replacement due to the contagion. The interesting thing will be if you get a guard, a motor or a whole saw, and if they want the old one back.

I'm probably missing something but could you go with a longer belt(s)?