Thread: Baltic Birch Purchase

Baltic Birch Purchase

Where is everyone getting their baltic birch? Ordering online or finding it local? I'd like to buy full sheets and get someone local to cut it (12x24" - 3mm). I believe I found a local cabinet maker that will do it for me but wanted to see if there were other choices. Thanks!

Jim

I get mine from Woodworkers Source its local for me but they sell online.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Local hardwood lumber places-- Boulter Plywood has just about anything you might like and ship anywhere. Also get it from Anderson McQuaid or Highland Hardwoods in NH if I happen to be there for other materials. If you're there any of them will cut it for you, don't know about for shipping.

Thanks everyone. I have a local cabinet maker that quoted me a price that I can match online (including shipping). If that's the case I wanted to see what other options are out there! He is willing to cut it for me if I supply the sheets. That may be the best route depending on what he charges me. Thanks again!

One last thing. I've been away for awhile and I used to buy my sheets from Michael Kowalski. I see he hasn't been on the forum since about 2016. I'm afraid to ask but can someone tell me if he is still around?

Jim

Long time, no see. Welcome back.

Sorry to advise that Mike passed away several years ago.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Mike, it's good to be back! I see a lot of familiar folks and especially good to hear from you, too. Concerning Mike Kowalski, I was afraid that may have been the case. That is why I was afraid to ask. I hate that. I bought my wood from him and we've talked a few times. Thanks for giving me the update.

Jim, It's great to see you are still around. I'm not as active here, but I do pop in occasionally to soak up some of the great wisdom that is shared here.
    -
    David Takes
    Expressions Engraved
    St. Joseph, MO

I get mine from Edensaw in Port Townsend. They used to post their prices online but it seems they have changed that practice. Free delivery for orders of $400 or more to the Seattle area, Alabama is going to be outside their service area.
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

Blog Entries
    I get mine from Aircraft Spruce in Peachtree City just south of Atlanta GA.
    They will ship or you can do a Saturday pickup
    They are on the web

Howard Garner
    Pickens SC

Last edited by Mike Null; 03-21-2020 at 4:08 PM.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Hey Dave!

Quote Originally Posted by David Takes View Post
    Jim, It's great to see you are still around. I'm not as active here, but I do pop in occasionally to soak up some of the great wisdom that is shared here.
    It's great to see you are still hanging out over here! I bet you are still doing great things! I have to catch up on what everyone is doing. Great to hear from you.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Garner View Post
    I get mine from Aircraft Spruce in Peachtree City just south of Atlanta GA.
    They will ship or you can do a Saturday pickup
    They are on the web

Howard Garner
    Pickens SC

Howard, that sounds interesting. I'll inquire. That's not too far from me. Chattanooga can also supply it so I need to get some prices. My local guy will cut it but I need him to give me a cost. It might be more than what the lumber company will charge. Thanks for your help!

Jim