Thread: Lee Valley Free Shipping

Lee Valley Free Shipping

Noticed Lee Valley has free shipping on their website. I did not see a minimum order amount.

No minimum.

They emailed yesterday.

Hi -

Below is what I posted on another board.... we'll have free shipping with no minimum on for a while, as a way of supporting those staying at home, whether by choice or not. ...

Hi -

Actually - this free shipping is open ended, and we've removed the order minimums to qualify. We recognize how all of our lives are being (or are about to be) disrupted.... and since we expect that peoples mobility and availability to shop is being affected, we want to ensure there are no barriers, however small.

Realistically - any of us in the woodworking tool business will tell you that our customers tend to skew to the "much more experienced, life-wise" end of the spectrum...and these are the people at greatest risk. For our retail customers - this is in support of social distancing.... no need to come into a store if you don't have to. We will also be happy to accept orders on-line at a store, and deliver to your car in our parking lot (working on that messaging right now). And - the more we can reduce/control interpersonal contact - the better it is for our staff.

I'm NOT happy about about having no contact with my Grandkids - or having family members in quarantine...

Nobody better screw with my shop time.....!

Cheers -

Rob

Cheers again....

Rob

Rob,
    Thank you.

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Whitehorn View Post
    Rob,
    Thank you.

Patrick
    Agreed. Thank you, Rob!

Best regards,
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Lee View Post
    Hi -

Below is what I posted on another board.... we'll have free shipping with no minimum on for a while, as a way of supporting those staying at home, whether by choice or not. ...

Cheers again....

Rob

I am impressed and grateful, but not surprised, because this is how Rob and co have always done business. Thank you, Rob.
    "For me, chairs and chairmaking are a means to an end. My real goal is to spend my days in a quiet, dustless shop doing hand work on an object that is beautiful, useful and fun to make." --Peter Galbert

I may be somewhat critical of the Mk II sharpening jig (can’t hit a home run every time), but Lee Valley is without question the most righteous company I’ve ever dealt with - in any industry. In fact, we woodworkers should be thankful that there are so many such companies that we patronize of which the same can be said.

Thank you Rob!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

I hope this doesn't last too long, or I won't get a good surprise when I check to see what I've put in my Cart, waiting for the next free shipping period.

Blog Entries
    Another great thing to say about Lee Valley when people ask. Kudos Rob!
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

That was enough to send me to the site. Just placed an order.

Besides the gratitude to Rob for his generous offer (which I share), let's not forget to support this fine and indispensable company. I've been relying on their tools for 20 years. We don't need to see them fall on hard times.

Well done. As a biz owner myself I appreciate the way you sincerely support and service your customers. Again and again. These are decisions that seem like a little thing to customers, but can be complicated and difficult and nuanced decisions for the company. Well done.
    Last edited by Prashun Patel; 03-19-2020 at 6:35 AM.

Bravo Rob, you and your company remain consistently on point. Mahalo!

I just spent a bunch of money there; twice.... I had to use that gift card that they sent me.... Blew my budget for a little bit, but I did get some fun toys! :-)

Blog Entries
    I've done my part. Drained a Christmas gift card and added a few bucks of my own
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler