Thread: Table Saw Cold Turkey

Table Saw Cold Turkey

I sold my delta table saw today, and i think i have Separation Anxiety it feel like i lost a old friend. I been using hand tools for years and haven't use it in months but its always been there.How has y'all dealt with table saw cold turkey?

A circular saw with an edge guide will handle most bulk cut down tasks. If you have a clear garage space, long rips are still possible.

Most of the things I make max out at 48" height, and the longest pieces are around 40".

That's manageable on a sheet of rigid insulation foam or MDF.

I sold my Powermatic 72 table saw a few years ago due to needing the extra room & I missed it really quickly!

Luckily I have a RAS as a back-up.
    https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....32#post2720332

Going cold turkey would have been hard.

I've been watching for a good deal on a smaller job-site style table saw! I still have the extra room issue, But I'm sure I could fit it in somewhere.

Doug

Blog Entries
    Giving up my bandsaw would give me the cold turkey chills.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

My Bosch 4100 with Gravity Riser Stand stores in an 36"x 24" space and is powerful and dead balls accurate.

Little known anymore in these days of expensive jigs for everything is the home made skilsaw jig. You screw a piece of masonite as wide as necessary to support the saw plus the width of saw and more, so clamps can be applied on the left side of the motor to a piece of plywood with the factory edge on the right. Then you make a pass. The cut edge of the masonite then becomes a kerf guide. Make it as long as needed up to the maximum 8 feet.

After losing the basement workshop and before the Bosch I had several: 24", 48" and 96".

I agree with the contractor saw. But hold off until you feel you need it. No point in getting it if it will sit unused