Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BESSEY K-Body REVO Clamps! Where is best place to buy them?

On Ten Acres in Driftwood, Texas 78619 just 30 miles SW of Austin, TX

BESSEY K-Body REVO Clamps! Where is best place to buy them?

I need to get 35 to 50 BESSEY K-Body REVO Clamps! Where is best cheapest place to buy them?
    I'd be so grateful to get a good deal on them. Thanks for any help.

That’s a good question. I’ve bought them from Amazon before on some sort of sale where you get (2) 24” and (2) 50” for cheaper than if bought individually, but it was still a pretty good pile of money.
    Still waters run deep.

David, Maybe you could talk to whomever sells them for a discount buying 50 of them. Doesn't cost anything to ask around.

In small quantities, home depot, as Rich said. But I usually find the big corporate owned stores dont "deal". I'd call a smaller company and negotiate a quantity discount. I've had good interactions with Carbide Processors, and I'd be inclined to start there first. But you could check with a local tool store or hardware store. Or try a Rockler or Woodcraft store (not online - go to a store).
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    ... But you could check with a local tool store or hardware store. Or try a Rockler or Woodcraft store (not online - go to a store).
    FWIW, I have successfully negotiated by phone with Woodcraft corporate for a discounted bulk order in the past. YMMV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David Borek View Post
    I need to get 35 to 50 BESSEY K-Body REVO Clamps! Where is best cheapest place to buy them?
    I'd be so grateful to get a good deal on them. Thanks for any help.
    If you buy them online you can only come out on free shipping if you buy a lot.

How many you looking to buy?

I recently had a conversation with the store owner that I buy my hardwood and tools from about buying new K bodies to replace my "old" K bodies. I was told they can now price match the big red store after they complained to their supplier, asking why HD can sell Bessey for less than they buy them for. I was also told to give them a list of clamps, and they can get a better price if they order more.

So, as others have noted, give the smaller stores a chance to compete. They can at least price match, and will more than likely get you the sizes/quantities you want - not what you have to settle for.

I've had luck with some of the larger on-line sellers in situations like this. I call them up and ask about a quantity discount. Usually they want the business and drop the price down near wholesale. I've even had the supplier ship them directly from the MFG if I'm buying a whole case. 35 to 50 seams like at least a case to me.

Blog Entries
    The company I worked for last year bought 200 Bessey I beam clamps. Found the best price online and got free shipping.they sent 50 and sent the rest direct from the supplier to complete the order.

When the company fails I'm hitting that auction...

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Dixon View Post
    FWIW, I have successfully negotiated by phone with Woodcraft corporate for a discounted bulk order in the past. YMMV
    That's really good to know Gene. Thank you!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

I recently picked up 12 at home depot. They were on sale 24" and they were about $30 each. I had to go to 2 different stores to get that amount. I think they are 38 now

Still best price im seeing.

Blog Entries
    No where. I have 4 - 50” ones. They are very finicky, get jammed etc with glue easily, disengage sometimes.

Dont get me wrong, they are not horrible, but I tend to reach for other clamps first out
    of instinct. And you can make at least two equal size pipe clamps for the same price.

I wouldn’t spend the money on them again versus something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Zac wingert View Post
    No where. I have 4 - 50” ones. They are very finicky, get jammed etc with glue easily, disengage sometimes.

Dont get me wrong, they are not horrible, but I tend to reach for other clamps first out
    of instinct. And you can make at least two equal size pipe clamps for the same price.

I wouldn’t spend the money on them again versus something else.
    I am with Zac on this one. I will note that I have no experience with Bessey,just parallel clamps in general. I had 10 Jorgensen parallel clamps for about 7-8 years,tried really hard to like them but found everything Zac said true. Heavy ,clunky ,finicky,awkward,weak. I sold mine about 2 months ago for what I paid for them,could'nt be happier. I may eventually try another brand,but honestly have found nothing that I can not accomplish with pipe clamps.

Very subjective. Despite the occasional clunkiness, I much prefer my parallel clamps to pipe clamps and only use the latter if I need something really long (I have a couple of 10') or I run out of parallel clamps. It's nice to have choices!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I bought a few Bessy K-body Revo clamps and found that Rockler had the cheapest price at the time.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.