Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reversed Fritz and Franz Jig Mk 2

Quote Originally Posted by johnny means View Post
    I find the idea of a slider without on outrigger to be puzzling. Especially as it would seem to apply mostly to smaller machines.
    Short stroke sliders can be different animals and often do not have the larger outriggers for supporting sheet goods. The smaller miter fence provides the same level of crosscut accuracy but does not have material support like an outrigger does.

Like Ron, I work mostly (percentage wise) with solid stock on my slider. I do leave my outrigger on the machine as it's convenient for holding workpieces I'm running through my J/P and now that I moved my CMS upstairs to the lumber storage area, I do more crosscutting of longer stock on the slider down in the shop. I mostly use the smaller miter fence that's similar to what Derek has on his machine for cutting.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 03-18-2020 at 9:32 AM.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Just a quick update on the zero clearance ends for the crosscut fence and also the F&F jig. Note that these ends are not intended to prevent spelching (breakout), but rather to aid in lining up the ends of a board.

Just a reminder, the ZC ends are UHMW. They are held in with a steel hex bolt, which is recessed out of harm's way.

The ends of the crosscut fence at 90 degrees ...

The purpose of reducing the height was to enable the blade to be lowered and also to clear the side of the blade guard.

The F&F jig was treated similarly ...

A ZI end was also made for the crosscut fence when sawing at 45 degrees ...

The bolt looks close, but it is not in danger of being struck by the blade ..

Regards from Perth

Derek

Excellent solutions, Derek.
    --

Awesome stuff, Derek. I've been saying this for years: There's a huge market for little add-ons like this for Euro machines. I don't mean $$$ things like Brian Lamb's or Mac Campshure's stuff but things like ZCI's, splinter tongues, Suva-type guards, etc. There must be someone out there with a 3-D printer and tabletop CNC who is nerdy enough to get into it. Dead-serious about this: If that person is out there, drop me a line.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Thanks Jim and Erik.

Erik, Jim has a CNC, and he has experience in making these thingies (recent thread) ... but he is not a nerd. Does that disqualify him?

Regards from Perth

Derek

Who are you saying isn't a nerd, Derek? 28 Years in the IT and telecom space probably at least partially qualifies me for nerd-hood. LOL
    --