Page 124 of 237 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 3550

Thread: Time for some levity

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Allen View Post
    They label this an Anti-Alzheimer exercise... To keep a sharp mind! Fascinating!

Attachment 473681
    CAN YOU SEE 10 FACES IN THIS TREE?

Attachment 473682
    THERE'S A FACE IN HERE. CAN YOU SEE IT?

Attachment 473683
    CAN YOU SEE THE BABY?

Attachment 473684
    CAN YOU SEE THE KISSING COUPLE?

Attachment 473685
    CAN YOU SEE THE THREE WOMEN?
    I stared at the tree for over a minute without seeing any, once I saw the first one they all appeared except for two which took another minute to find. I think solving the tree first makes the rest easier, they all appeared in a few seconds.

The baby gave me the hardest time.
    Assumption is the mother of all screw ups
    Anonyms

My mom died from Alzheimer's and I will be 80 in October, so I am always wondering if I will have it. Glad to report I got them all pretty quickly.

No idea if that means anything, but it made me feel good.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

remember these? This one's kinda cool

3d1.jpg
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

RDS, sure thing. Does it breathe fire?

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post

3d1.jpg

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post

3d1.jpg
    For some reason those have never worked for me.

A lot of different things are seen, but none of them are what is supposed to be seen.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

focus on your index finger in front of your eyes about halfway between your face and your monitor; now relax your eyes to focus on the monitor, and you'll now have 2 fingers in front of you --

Same thing with these pictures, you need to focus PAST them a bit, and have patience, the image will come in!

once you get used to it, if you cross your eyes rather than relax your focus, the 3D image will reverse; what was in front is now recessed in back, and vice versa--
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    For some reason those have never worked for me.
    A lot of different things are seen, but none of them are what is supposed to be seen.
    jtk
    The way I think of it is I have to decouple the focus of my eyes from the distance. Normally if you are focusing on something close, say your finger tip, both eyes angle inwards more as the fingertip gets closer, less as you move the fingertip further away. If focusing on something very far away, such as the horizon or a star. the angle between the eyes increases until the axes are nearly parallel.

To see the figure in this stereogram I angle my eyes as if I was looking at something further away than the image. The trick is to learn to find the right distance while still focusing on the closer image. Hard to explain but I “sort of” relax my eyes until the 3D object appears. (This is probably easier since I’ve had a lot of practice viewing stereo pairs without a viewer - I started by drawing stereo pairs on paper of 3D objects like cubes and cones and eventually generating stereo pairs with 3D modeling software.)

Note you can make a stereogram that needs to be viewed the other way, by crossing the eyes as if looking at something very close. If I do that with this image I see a “negative” image with the 3D object appearing like a hole carved into a mostly flat foreground! Most stereograms made for viewing without a stereo viewer with lenses are not made for the crossed-eye method since it can be more effort and can cause eye strain.

These can be difficult without practice and without good vision in both eyes they may be impossible to see. My Lovely Bride has no depth perception ability and no chance of success with these.

BTW, I’m fortunate that even at 72 I can still focus from about 6-7” (to read tiny text on the phone or pill bottle) to infinity without corrective lenses. However, extended reading is more comfortable with some low power dime store reading glasses. I don’t know why but perhaps years of eye exercises helped.

JKJ

Catching up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

I remember we had the time life hardback book series about science or some such. They had one of those vision tests. In the back they had the answer was you were supposed to read the number. The answer was like 68. but they misprinted and said it was 45.
    They mailed a postcard with the correct answer in a month or so. They printed a new volume every month or so.
    Bill D

--I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Blog Entries
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Keeping it going.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH