Thread: My experience buying a new 2024 car without setting foot in the dealership

My experience buying a new 2024 car without setting foot in the dealership

Thanks to some of the tips I got here from my topic I posted a few months ago, I bought a new car and had it delivered to my driveway

Things changed a lot since I bought a Subaru in 2018. In 2018 I emailed sales people directly. I got their email address from the dealers website. I emailed about 10 dealers, most invited me to come into the showroom and deal. But 3 or 4 did commit to out the door prices and bid against each other so to speak. The last two competed against each other to drop the price by several hundred dollars. We didn't go into the dealer until we picked up the car.

Now in March of 2024 I wanted to do the same thing to buy a Mitsubishi Outlander. First off it was not possible to get the emails of sales people. The dealer websites only let me email the dealership. In most cases I got a lot of standard responses before a salesperson contacted me. I did get a couple of very close out the door prices from local dealerships. Both were very close to list price and they didn't want to negotiate.

The dealership with the lowest listed price on its website was three hours away but they didn't return my emails. I finally did it the old fashioned way and called them. Within two minutes on the phone the salesperson gave me an out the door price way better than the local dealers and it included delivery!
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right."
    - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Joiner View Post
    Thanks to some of the tips I got here from my topic I posted a few months ago, I bought a new car and had it delivered to my driveway

The dealership with the lowest listed price on its website was three hours away but they didn't return my emails. I finally did it the old fashioned way and called them. Within two minutes on the phone the salesperson gave me an out the door price way better than the local dealers and it included delivery!
    How did you do with the extended warranty (if you bought one)?
    "What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
    It also depends on what sort of person you are.”

Mitsubishi has a five year bumper to bumper and 10 year powertrain comes with the car. I think I'll wait on an extended warranty if I get one at all.
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right."
    - Henry Ford