Thread: you tube views changed

you tube views changed

Often enough ive hit buttons and changed stuff on the computer. All of a sudden my you tubes are below the you tube I have on and up till yesterday they were always down the right hand side.

Guess I hit a button, gone looking cant find it and didnt see the answer google. Do you now where im looking to make it back to how it was?

Blog Entries
    It might help to mention your Operating System.

Something like that happened to me on Mac OS. I think it was a Command and the minus symbol that returned it to normal.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I think maybe you have selected "full screen" view in Youtube. Try hitting the ESC key to leave full screen view.

Up to yesterday the title was below the you tube and all other you tubes were down the right side. Whatever I must have hit now puts the title on the side and all the other you tubes below. Im on windows 7. I doubt they changed it so I must have clicked something First how it was, second how it changed or operator error likely

you tube before.jpgYou tube change.jpg

Not a strong YouTube user but I think YouTube has done an update and this is what you are seeing. Have a look at this to see if it matches your problem:

https://trending.knowyourmeme.com/ed...ersy-explained

Thanks for posting the photos. Click the icon for "Theater Mode" at the bottom, right of the video you are playing to remove the stuff to the right on the display and increase the size of the video playing. YouTube generally "saves" this for subsequent visits (you may or may not need to be logged in for that) but occasionally, it defaults back to the, um...default...display with all the stuff. I find that most often happens after I have a Chrome update happen.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

seems Bills answer is what happened. Looks like im not the only one not impressed. Just had a friend pissed with technology on his apple stuff and changes they made and didnt tell him. At 85 he doesnt want changes and has all kinds of electronic grief for the last six months.

Looks like no answer to it they changed it and suck it up. Thats why I stay on Win 7. Works the same as my 50 year old machines. Wont help me here though.

looks like the switched it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Lake View Post
    looks like the switched it back.
    Yep..the reactions on Reddit were pretty negative.. I think one person out of 10 liked the sidebar version.
    Other mostly negative reactions around the web.
    Another "New Coke" blunder
    "What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
    It also depends on what sort of person you are.”

so we really do have the power to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Lake View Post
    so we really do have the power to change the world.
    Yes..but...it's a "watch what you asked for, you just might get it" kind of things.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Engelhardt View Post
    Yes..but...it's a "watch what you asked for, you just might get it" kind of things.
    But a lot of changes are driven by "It's my job to write software. I stop writing software I lose my job. I better go write some new software."
    That is, how many changes (in anything) are not driven by necessity (e.g. safety) but are "change for the sake of change"?

How many people were clamoring for YT info and comments to be on a sidebar and not below the video?
    I know I wasn't.
    And judging by the negative reactions, far outnumbering the positive ones, not many people were.
    "What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
    It also depends on what sort of person you are.”

I liked how it was and is again as you have some number of other you tubes on the screen same time, six or seven from memory.