Page 41 of 235 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for some levity

Blog Entries
    I have to cry foul on this one . . . .

Over my career I have seen too many well thought out and well designed projects turned in by engineering only to be realized as piles of dung by those who manage, fund and implement those designs. My prejudiced opinion is that many of the poor "things" you find in the world today started out as very good designs.

-- A short rant by one who has gone on record in meeting saying "if you make that change the result will be sub-optimal" too many times to count
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    I have to cry foul on this one . . . .

Over my career I have seen too many well thought out and well designed projects turned in by engineering only to be realized as piles of dung by those who manage, fund and implement those designs. My prejudiced opinion is that many of the poor "things" you find in the world today started out as very good designs.

-- A short rant by one who has gone on record in meeting saying "if you make that change the result will be sub-optimal" too many times to count
    I agree. It's always fun to dump on the engineers, but they deserve very little of the flak they receive.

I agree too, my career was as an EE so I know what you are talking about. But this is a levity thread not political and I thought it was funny. sorry if it offended anyone.
    Assumption is the mother of all screw ups
    Anonyms

Lighten up guys. I posted it and I was trained and worked as an engineer most of my career. We have to be able to laugh at ourselves.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

Anonyms

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Allen View Post
    I agree too, my career was as an EE so I know what you are talking about. But this is a levity thread not political and I thought it was funny. sorry if it offended anyone.

No offense taken. I too was trying to be light hearted about it. I knew we had engineers on here and I was sure the sentiment would resonate ;-)
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Anonyms

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Allen View Post
    The first pic brought back some memories. I worked at a Shell station as a teenager. A lot of fillers were behind the license plate and some were behind tail lights. One lady drove a Saab, or maybe it was a Citron, and would ask for a quart of oil in the tank with each fill-up.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

The first Saab cars had an oil tank for the two cycle oil under the hood. I think Citerons were fairly normal except for the hydraulic suspension and front wheel drive. At least by 1955.
    Bil lD

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    The first Saab cars had an oil tank for the two cycle oil under the hood. I think Citerons were fairly normal except for the hydraulic suspension and front wheel drive. At least by 1955.
    Bil lD
    That could be. It was over 50 years ago.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Uh-oh, I currently have two cars in the garage with fuel fillers behind the license plates.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    Uh-oh, I currently have two cars in the garage with fuel fillers behind the license plates.
    Never owned one, but could have.. I remember being behind some of those cars and gas would come leaking out if they hot-footed it from a stop. Those were different times for sure.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

More for today.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

Anonyms

"The first pic brought back some memories. I worked at a Shell station as a teenager. A lot of fillers were behind the license plate and some were behind tail lights."

Curious.... Don't remember any behind tail lights, what car was that on ??