Page 80 of 237 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 3546

Thread: Time for some levity

Dave Anderson

I just noticed that I have been following this thread daily for over a year. Just want to thank you (and all the posters) for putting a little sunshine in my life, during a diffiicult year.

Rick Potter
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Ball Point Pens
    When NASA started sending astronauts into space they quickly discovered that ball-point pens would not work in zero gravity.To combat this problem, Congress approved a program and NASA scientists spent a decade and over $165 million developing a pen that writes in zero gravity, upside down, on almost any surface and at temperatures ranging from below freezing to over 300 C.

The Russians used a pencil . . .
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    Ball Point Pens
    When NASA started sending astronauts into space they quickly discovered that ball-point pens would not work in zero gravity.To combat this problem, Congress approved a program and NASA scientists spent a decade and over $165 million developing a pen that writes in zero gravity, upside down, on almost any surface and at temperatures ranging from below freezing to over 300 C.

The Russians used a pencil . . .
    According to Scientific American: "Paul C. Fisher and his business, Fisher Pen Company, had invested a reported $1 million (none of it from NASA) to create what is now commonly known as the space pen. The device, patented in 1965, could write upside down, in frigid or roasting conditions (down to –50 degrees Fahrenheit or up to 400 degrees F), and even underwater or submersed in other liquids. If too hot, though, the ink turned green instead of its normal blue.

International Agreement

An Associated Press dispatch from February 1968 reported that NASA ordered 400 of Fisher's antigravity ballpoint pens for the Apollo moon mission program. A year later the Soviet Union ordered 100 pens and 1,000 ink cartridges to use on their Soyuz space missions, the United Press International said. The AP later noted that both NASA and the Soviet space agency received the same 40 percent discount for buying their pens in bulk. They both paid $2.39 per pen instead of $3.98—nowhere near millions."
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Might consider this next time you take the wife out for dinner.
    eating out.jpg

Assumption is the mother of all screw ups
    Anonyms

this wsasn't posted as fact it was posted to make you laugh at the pencil remark always one.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Allen View Post
    What a weird boat- looks almost like a houseboat or floating store, but the whole cabin's barely over 3' high-?
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Blog Entries
    British narrow canal boat
    Howard Garner

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    What a weird boat- looks almost like a houseboat or floating store, but the whole cabin's barely over 3' high-?
    Deep draft low overhead...
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

We own a somewhat similar boat to that one, but it took me a minute to notice the giants up on the bow!
    skipchp.jpg
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

2021-03-29_16h58_48.jpg
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

A few for today.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

More about the boat stuck in the canal...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Funny, I don't remember being absent minded...