Thread: Virtual Tours with Google Street View

Virtual Tours with Google Street View

Have you ever played around with Google Street View? When I was a kid I was fascinated with maps. Now for years I've played with Google Street View. It's so incredible isn't it? To be able to virtually drive by houses I lived in years ago is so amazing.
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right."
    - Henry Ford

Today this aerial view of Puerto De La Cruz, Tenerife came up on my news feed. Within 1 minute I was able to find Google street view and tour that crowded city. Amazing

"Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right."
    - Henry Ford

A few years ago the niece of my boss was living in Europe, she took a picture looking out of her balcony overlooking a small park. With only knowing the city I could find the park based on the geometry of it. Within minutes I had a "street view" of what I thought was her home. Via text messages she did concur that it was actually her exact home I had found.

Is Google Street View different from Google Earth? I travel all over the planet with Google earth. It is captivating.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I've used Google street view numerous times to get a confirmation on an address or to see what a location looked like. Of course they don't have every road and street mapped but most of them are. It can be useful for certain.