Page 9 of 235 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for some levity

A husband and wife are self isolating at home. The husband thinks he sees a cockroach in the kitchen. He scrubs the room from top to bottom, including all the contents of the cupboards, pulls out the appliances and scrubs behind them, washes the walls and floors, etc.

The wife thinks to herself: Tomorrow I'm putting the cockroach in the bathroom....
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Blog Entries
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by jim colombo View Post
    speaking of dogs;

yesterday i saw a neighbor talking to her cat and it looked like she thought the cat could understand her. I went in the house and told my dog. We had a really good laugh about it.

lol

Blog Entries
    Jim, you and I must have the same slightly twisted sense of humor. Those memes you've been posting crack me up.

More

Just these 2 from me for today. I saw a few more but can't post them since they would seriously violate the SMC Terms of Service.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

IMG_5739.JPGHaven't seen this one posted.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

Ok, I couldnt resist because this one was so funny. Mods, if this isnt appropriate, please just delete.

output_011.jpg
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Gross on taste, but doesn't violate the TOS Fred. The ones I didn't post were way way way beyond that one.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Carey View Post
    2033 - the year of the QuaranTeens.
    OK, Bill, that is good!
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!

========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

AC88C104-842D-4E27-87EE-B08B52EA01D5.jpeg
    This made me laugh out loud- thanks Jim!

Blog Entries
    Just got bored out in the shop with some spare plumbing parts:

Todays Shop Project.jpg

Distractions during isolation:

Made It Across the Street.jpg

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

An energy drink that doesn't need to be mixed with water. And it's it's much more artful than the Super Bowl trophy!

Here's one to think about....

traffic.jpg
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Too many Pizzas?

I typically buy a couple of 2.2lb bags of 00 flour at a time for homemade pizza dough. Trying to keep social distancing and suspect that I would not find any in the stores I went looking for some pizza flour on line.

The few available single bags of the flour on line that I wanted were way over priced, but I eventually found a box of 10 2.2# bags at a regular price so I ordered it while it was still available.

During the search I also came across some organic 00 pizza flour I haven't tried that I thought might be easier to digest for some in my family, maybe healthier in general, and i'd probably have the extra time to experiment with.

All of the flour on that web sight seemed to quickly disappearing. So since there were no 5lb bags available I ordered a 25lb bag, thinking that I could share the flour/pizzas with family and friends.

However, I hadn't calculated how many pizzas that amount of flour could make.

22lbs+25lbs = 47lbs = apx 94 pizzas!, apx 2 pizzas a week for a year!

It gets better.

There was a bit of a mix up and I received a different flour, the correct one is also being sent.

So, that's 22lbs+25lbs+25lbs= 72lbs or apx 144 pizza's!

Is that enough pizza?
    Last edited by Mike Soaper; 04-10-2020 at 10:44 PM.