Thread: Battery operated leaf blowers

Battery operated leaf blowers

Well, I made the mistake of having my leaf blower repaired two years ago and it will not start this season, OH well. Note to self don't repair these things. Anybody use battery operated leaf blowers and how do you like them?

Thanks.

Brian
    Brian

Blog Entries
    I have a Milwaukee M18 blower that works well. Quite powerful for a cordless electric.

3different brands of cordless, 2 corded, and one 13hp gasoline on wheels.

Get the biggest Echo you want to spend the money on.

Sorry. EGO not echo. On phone

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    Sorry. EGO not echo. On phone
    ego it is. Thanks brian
    Brian

Blog Entries
    Have a Kobalt from Lowes.
    Works great
    Do not miss the gas and oil mix.

Howard Garner

I have the Dewalt 40V leaf blower, which works great - really powerful. Dewalt discontinued the 40V equipment, though, so if the batteries go (I have the string trimmer as well) then they are done. I am thinking of going to the Stihl Kombi system with the high-powered battery head. There are about 15 attachments for that unit, ranging from string trimmers to cultivators to sweepers. Expensive, but built to last.

Just came in from using my Ryobi 40v leaf blower. Very good, IMO. It's been a long time since I've used gas so I can't compare but this one does a good job and we have a very demanding yard. There are probably other good brands also. Consider other tools you want and then stick with one brand so you can share batteries. I'm happy with the 40v Ryobi string trimmer and hedge clippers, less happy with the chain saw but it''s OK.

Can't say anything about the Ego leaf blower but I have one of their chain saws because it was given to me. It's good but I'm not sure it lives up to the hype and the price.

Mine is a Ryobi 40V blower. The Ryobi yard tools strike me as a lot better than their reputation in the world of woodworking tools would lead one to expect - well-designed and reasonably sturdy. The blower gives me all the performance I need. As a bonus it provides an effective way to clean the refrigerator coils.

I have the DeWalt 60 volt blower. It's as good as the corded one I used to use. The batteries are a bit expensive - I have three - but they've lasted quite well. I've been using them for a number of years now.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.