Page 47 of 237 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for some levity

This thread could easily wake up a dead sense of humor.
    Who said "People are the greatest show on earth"?

A few for today.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

Now why didn't I think of this:

Reboot USA.jpg

Time for some more.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

Assumption is the mother of all screw ups
    Anonyms

A few for today.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

Anonyms

Blog Entries
    It is getting more difficult to find or even know if something is new to post here.

Official Sport Drink of My Youth.jpg

The World is a Cat.jpg

Appreciate What You Have.png

Strawberries.jpg

Ouija Cats.jpg

Thagomizer.jpg

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Warning: pop to grandson joke

What day of the week are twins born on?

Two'sday

Don't be afraid of repeats Jim. This thread is so long that it is easy to forget what has come before.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

DEA Visit

A DEA officer stopped at our farm yesterday, he said “I need to inspect your farm for illegal growing drugs.”
    I said “Okay, but don’t go in that field over there.”
    The DEA officer verbally exploded saying, “Mister, I have the authority of the Federal Government with me!” Reaching into his rear pants pocket, the arrogant officer removed his badge and shoved it in my face. “See this badge?! This badge means I am allowed to go wherever I wish…. On any land !! No questions asked or answers given!! Have I made myself clear?…. do you understand?!!”

I nodded politely, apologized, and went about my chores. A short time later, I heard loud screams, looked up, and saw the DEA officer running for his life, being chased by my big old mean bull…. With every step the bull was gaining ground on the officer, and it seemed likely that he’d sure enough get gored before he reached safety. The officer was clearly terrified.
    I threw down my tools, ran to the fence and yelled at the top of my lungs
“Your badge, show him your BADGE!!”

---------------------------------------------------------------------

One for you, one for me

On the outskirts of a small town, there was a big, old pecan tree just inside the cemetery fence. One day, two boys filled up a bucketful of nuts and sat down by the tree, out of sight, and began dividing the nuts.

'One for you, one for me, one for you, one for me,' said one boy. Several dropped and rolled down toward the fence.

Another boy came riding along the road on his bicycle. As he passed, he thought he heard voices from inside the cemetery.
    He slowed down to investigate. Sure enough, he heard, 'One for you, one for me, one for you, one for me...'

He just knew what it was. He jumped back on his bike and rode off. Just around the bend he met an old man with a cane , hobbling along.

'Come here quick,' said the boy, 'you won't believe what I heard! Satan and the Lord are down at the cemetery dividing up the souls!'

The man said, 'Beat it kid, can't you see it's hard for me to walk.' When the boy insisted though, the man hobbled slowly to the cemetery.

Standing by the fence they heard, 'One for you, one for me.
    One for you, one for me.'

The old man whispered, 'Boy, you've been tellin' me the truth. Let's see if we can see the Lord...?

Shaking with fear, they peered through the fence, yet were still unable to see anything. The old man and the boy gripped the wrought iron bars of the fence tighter and tighter as they tried to get a glimpse of the Lord.

At last they heard, 'One for you, one for me. That's all.
    Now let's go get those nuts by the fence and we'll be done...

They say the old man had the lead for a good half-mile before the kid on the bike passed him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bedtime Prayers

A father put his 3 year old daughter to bed, told her a story and listened to her prayers which ended by saying: "God bless Mommy, God bless Daddy, God bless Grandma and good-bye Grandpa."

The father asked, 'Why did you say good-bye Grandpa?

The little girl said, "I don't know daddy, it just seemed like the thing to do." The next day grandpa died. The father thought it was a strange coincidence.

A few months later the father put the girl to bed and listened to her prayers which went like this: "God bless Mommy, God Bless Daddy and good-bye Grandma."

The next day the grandmother died.

"Holy crap" thought the father, "this kid is in contact with the other side.."

Several weeks later when the girl was going to bed the dad heard her say: "God bless Mommy and good-bye Daddy."

He practically went into shock. He couldn't sleep all night and got up at the crack of dawn to go to his office. He was nervous as a cat all day,

had lunch and watched the clock. He figured if he could get by until midnight he would be okay. He felt safe in the office, so instead of going home

at the end of the day he stayed there, drinking coffee, looking at his watch and jumping at every sound.

Finally, midnight arrived, he breathed a sigh of relief and went home.

When he got home his wife said "I've never seen you work so late. What's the matter?"

He said "I don't want to talk about it, I've just spent the worst day of my life."

She said, "You think you had a bad day, you'll never believe what happened to me. This morning my golf pro dropped dead in the middle of my lesson!"

Why women live longer than men, part 3
    9.jpg a.jpg b.jpg c.jpg
    Anonyms