Thread: Did you know?

Did you know?

That on some cars/vans/trucks with a key fob, if you hold down the unlock button for about 15 seconds, the two front windows go down?

I was - today - - years old when I found this out.

I tired it on my wife's 2024 Tucson and it works!
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Yes, that is a feature of some vehicles. It is also sometimes on a vehicle version sold in other geographies but not on the vehicle version sold in the US.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I believe it's there so one can open the windows remotely to allow the heat in the interior to escape before one goes out and gets in it.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Well, i'd try that on my Ford Flex, but it's parked outside and it just started raining hard enough to make Noah notice!!

Blog Entries
    Tried it on my Silverado and it didn't work.

It does have a button that if pressed twice will lower the tailgate. That has come in handy a few times.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I had an '07 BMW that had that feature. When the unlock button was held, all the windows and the sunroof would open.
    Problem was, it would get held down in my pocket when I moved just right.
    Several times I came out after a rainstorm to find my car soaked with everything open.
    Finally bought a cover to go over it so it couldn't be accidentally pressed.
    With my current BMW, I don't really need the fob, as it's a touch of the handle to open/lock the doors and push button start.
    Without a fob cover, I kept unlocking the trunk. It doesn't raise, just unlocks, so I wouldn't notice until I started to drive away. Then I'd have to stop, go shut the trunk and continue.
    I guess I'm lucky that it doesn't fold the convertible top down when a button is pushed.
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood.