Thread: Bosch ROS65VS

Bosch ROS65VS

I just bought a BoschROS65 VS 5” sander this week and have used it three times so far. I’ve used finish sanders for many years. I have had a PC palm sander for 15 yrs that finally gave up so I went with the Bosch. I don’t know if there is something wrong with it or me but I can’t control this thing.
    It’s jumping / skating all over the place. I’ve tried different speeds, hand positions but I can’t control it with two hands. Very disappointed. I’m taking it back.
    Is there anyone else that has a Bosch ROS 65 VS sander ?
    Are you happy with it ?

I wonder if you may have a defective sander, as I've had the same sander for about a year, and have never experienced what you have when using it. It runs very smoothly and I am very happy with it.

Regards,

Joe H.

I've had one for at least 4 years and it's super smooth, easy to control, and has essentially no vibration. It is a joy to use. Something must be wrong with yours.

John

That model looks a little different than the big 5" I have, not sure about the model numbers. I love Bosch sanders. Were you pressing down hard on it? I find that I just let them skim along on the surface, no downward pressure at all.

I suspect you have one with a defective or stuck counterbalance.

But......what were you sanding ? Did you have a vac connected ? Brand and hose size ? What kind and grit of sandpaper ?

Blog Entries
    I have an ROS65, but with the 6" pad, but have not experienced any of the problems you're having. It is quite a tall sander & the smaller pad may be causing instability. There's little reason to use the 5" & some advantages to using 6", such as stability & more coverage of the pad.

Sounds like I have a defector sander. I have never experienced any issues like this before. It acts like it’s a disc grinder.

I did both , vacuum and dust cartridge. I been sanding face frame cabinet components, frames, doors , panels. Finish paper 180
    Mirka 8 hole disc.