Thread: FS, BO: Delta Unisaw 52 table with router plate

FS, BO: Delta Unisaw 52 table with router plate

Anyone interested in a router-ready extension table for a 2001 Unisaw? Ive just replaced the table Ive been using for years, and made a new one for a router lift with a different sized plate. The old one is in great shape and has served me very well. It has a 1/2 x 1-1/8 dado for a miter gauge slot an inch from the router plate (about 6 from the bit center) and is well reinforced to prevent sagging. Construction is 3/4 MDF with ample 1x3 pine framing ready to attach your shop-made dust box. Covered with two layers of Formica. Light gray, mottled with a slippery matte surface that whisks dust off easily. The edges are clean all around, including at the plate recess. Phenolic Rousseau plate included, but you need your own router and aluminum miter slot insert. Dimensions 27 x 42. Fits the saw rails like a charm.

If theres any interest Ill post photos. East Bay Area, near Walnut Creek. Id hate to send this beauty to the landfill.

One-week anniversary bump.

Is it OK to bump this again? Here's the table:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	top.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	141.4 KB 
ID:	429172 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bottom.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	157.0 KB 
ID:	429173

Edges are very clean all around:

Name:	inset edge detail.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	172.8 KB 
ID:	429174 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	corner detail.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	115.6 KB 
ID:	429175

Here's why it's off the saw. There is the new router lift in the new table. I can't remember where I got that aluminum miter track, but it's is widely available.

Name:	old and new.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	130.5 KB 
ID:	429176

I don't usually run into trouble with photos going sideways; sorry.

It's a high-functioning tool that allows the table saw to perform double duty, and I've always appreciated how it has let my small shop work harder in limited space. I'll probably keep it leaning up against something until someone emerges from the current gloom. I know someone will eventually be glad they have this, and didn't have to put in the hours to make it.

Here is the Rousseau plate that fits this table, already drilled for the Porter Cable 690. The plate is part of the deal, but you need to supply your own router. The table has easy-to-use, effective levelers and the plate has corner braces to keep it still under load. For a router of this size, it works quite well.

Name:	Rousseau plate.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	110.3 KB 
ID:	429178

I added the photo below by mistake and I can't seem to delete it. It's the underside of my new table, under construction. The JessEm lift plus my new 3-1/4 HP router weigh considerably more than the 690 and the Rousseau base, so I over-engineered the new table a little. But the old one has no sag at all after nearly two decades of hanging the router plus a dust box on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	router table 1.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	103.3 KB 
ID:	429171  
    Last edited by Bob Jones 5443; 03-30-2020 at 4:52 PM.

I hope this isnt obnoxious, but heres another bump.

Not exactly desperate, but hopeful bump.

Putting this up again as two members have expressed interest.