Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Euro hinge help

Patrick, you probably used the Amazon hinge just as an example. Woodworker Express sells the same hinge for $3.45, and $0.27 for the 0 height plate.
    https://www.woodworkerexpress.com/bl...-screw-on.html
    https://www.woodworkerexpress.com/se...=search&page=1
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Buxton View Post
    True, they offer big overlay. Unfortunately they have a huge gap between the back of the door and the front of the casework — 3/16” — and it cannot be adjusted out. If the door is only seen from the front, the gap doesn’t show. But if is seen from the side or the top, which seems likely on the OP’s island, the gap will be obvious and annoying.
    Yup, you are correct that there are tradeoffs with the compacts. I build kitchen cabs last year for a guy who wanted a 1/4" reveal all around on a FF design. He was willing to accept the 3/16 standout and it didn't bother him. I guess annoying is in the eye of the annoyed, eh?
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by scott vroom View Post
    Yup, you are correct that there are tradeoffs with the compacts. I build kitchen cabs last year for a guy who wanted a 1/4" reveal all around on a FF design. He was willing to accept the 3/16 standout and it didn't bother him. I guess annoying is in the eye of the annoyed, eh?
    There's no accounting for taste.

Ain't that the truth!
    Scott Vroom

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sabo View Post
    This is typically how and end panel is treated

Attachment 427813
    The side panel will solve my problem. Thanks Dave and the many others for your input.

The side panel to door configuration is exactly as I was thinking you where talking about.

In such a case the full overlay hinge and 0% plates I suggested work perfectly.

And yes I only used amazon as a example.

I normally get them from Richiliue..

Quote Originally Posted by vince dale View Post
    The side panel will solve my problem. Thanks Dave and the many others for your input.

Make sure to get the 90⁰ stops for that setup.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny means View Post
    No, with the euro hinges the OP is using you can have larger opening angles than ninety degrees. You do have to observe the manufacturer's spec for the gap between the door and the neighboring panel, but it does work.

I'm not sure when you say 0% plates. And would 107# hinges work?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Walsh View Post
    The side panel to door configuration is exactly as I was thinking you where talking about.

In such a case the full overlay hinge and 0% plates I suggested work perfectly.

And yes I only used amazon as a example.

I normally get them from Richiliue..

Quote Originally Posted by johnny means View Post
    This simply is not necessary.

Those are for installs where the door / handle / knob will hit the adjacent wall or cabinet that extends in front of the face of said door. When there is free space like on an island the swing is not interfered with.

I'm not sure when you say 0% plates. And would 107# hinges work?

He meant 0mm plates. Blum makes them in 0mm, 3mm and 9mm principally, but there are a ton of others. It refers to the distance from the sidewall and it varies the overlay or offset.

Last edited by Dave Sabo; 03-15-2020 at 2:09 PM.

Thanks Dave Sabo. Were did you find that hinge chart? Do they have one for full overlay?

Vince,
    The Blum website has all of the documentation for their products. Most online retailers of Blum products also have this type of stuff.

Thanks Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Nuckles View Post
    Vince,
    The Blum website has all of the documentation for their products. Most online retailers of Blum products also have this type of stuff.

Go here: https://www.blum.com/us/en/products/...nloads-videos/

Click on Brochure, download the concealed hinge brochure. Dave's hinge chart is on pg 63, also check out pg 12 for the Cliptop Bluemotion 110 hinge.

There are a number of other concealed hinges in the brochure. On pg 105 is their contact info. Call the 800 number for any questions and ask for tech support, including on how to read the brochure...it can be confusing first time through. Their technical support is excellent.800-438-6788
    Scott Vroom

Thanks Scott. Just a little confusing! I think I got it figured out. LV carries 120 degree Clip tops but not sure of the height of the base plates. They are stamped '33' and LV website doesn't list the size.

Vince

Quote Originally Posted by scott vroom View Post
    Go here: https://www.blum.com/us/en/products/...nloads-videos/

Click on Brochure, download the concealed hinge brochure. Dave's hinge chart is on pg 63, also check out pg 12 for the Cliptop Bluemotion 110 hinge.

There are a number of other concealed hinges in the brochure. On pg 105 is their contact info. Call the 800 number for any questions and ask for tech support, including on how to read the brochure...it can be confusing first time through. Their technical support is excellent.800-438-6788