Thread: Plate Order Packaging

Plate Order Packaging

What do some of you use to pack up metal plates that have been run for a customer to pick up? I have a bunch of 1"X4" plates that I need to stack up or wrap up without them scratching each other.
    40 Watt Epilog Helix

Roland EGX-20 Rotary Engraver

Foam Roll - 18", 12" x 175', Perforated

If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

My plaques come with a thin foam package which I save for such things. I cut a strip to size and roll them up then use a rubber band and a plastic bag.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

throw a sheet of 8.5x11 in your laser and cut it up the same size as your plates....stack them face to face with paper in between. done deal.
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01

Blog Entries
    One thing I did recently when I had to strap a package to a skid was to grab me a small roll of stretch film. (one package to a small skid)

I ran by Walmart and bought a couple of small rolls.
    This stuff is 4" wide and about 100 Yards long, and was less than $2.

I found it was really too thin for strapping anything heavy, it was light duty.

BUT, I was wrapping up a batch of name badges the other day and a light went off. I grabbed the roll and quickly rolled up each in it's own layer of film. And It holds tight. No movement.
    I did a batch of VIN plates the other day with it and WoW, way quicker than foam or anything else. Just ROLL up and stretch tight. Drop in padded package. No tape residue, no nothing.

And WAY cheap.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Poly bags. Sealer to separate the tags. It can be a little time consuming but it makes seeing and finding the tags easier than doing a major bulk wrap.
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

I have some part roles of news print that I cut to use between items. I got them from a small news paper that has end roles they just give them to me

Depends on the plates; Rowmark and such just get stacked and wrapped in the appropriate sized poly bag, as many as fits nicely.

Fragile plates, trophy type metals, brass, etc require special care. A customer just 10 minutes ago just picked up 400 brass wall plates, 2x4's, 3x5's, 2x10's and 4x11's, every plate was bagged back-to-back with a second one in 2mil bags and scotch taped closed, simple. We used to wrap multiples in paper towels, or lacquered newspaper ads or tissue or TP between them and roll up, but it's just plain much faster to put them in 2 cent bags. They're better protected and every plate is visible--
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle