Thread: And yet another Workshop Project Complete

And yet another Workshop Project Complete

It's bugged me for years all the wasted space beneath my old Delta drill press. So now I have somewhere to store my drill bits and a place, in the lower section, to store a couple of large vises.

Depending upon what I'm drilling, I needed it to be reasonably mobile.

Man, you're on a tear Chris! Or is it anything to put off finishing those shutters?
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F Franklin View Post
    Man, you're on a tear Chris! Or is it anything to put off finishing those shutters?
    You got that one right!!! Tomorrow, I do a bit of a clean up and start planing a lot of Basswood, that's the stack of wood on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisA Edwards View Post
    It's bugged me for years all the wasted space beneath my old Delta drill press. So now I have somewhere to store my drill bits and a place, in the lower section, to store a couple of large vises.

Depending upon what I'm drilling, I needed it to be reasonably mobile.

For some reason, I hummed “Waltzing Mathilda” as you demonstrated your new mobile base.

Nice job! I will likely make something similar, but will probably make it mobile on its own and straddle the mobile base so I can lower the table all the way if needed.

Yes, I thought about that, but I've never yet needed to lower the table that low.

I did use pocket hole screws to build the cabinet as it kind of encompasses the drill press stand and I figured I needed an easy method to disassemble the cabinet if needed.