Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: which VFD (and what else?) needed for Delta DJ 20 jointer

One critical programming step, which took me most of today to figure out, was F0-02=1. That function tells the vfd to look for the switch. That’s stated 2 pages ago but easy to overlook. For future reference.

Lastly, to set the frequency to 60hz, there are 3 F0 functions that need to be set to 60. Or maybe just 1, but I set them all to 60 and got it to work.

Blog Entries
    ARGH

I had cleared out my shop of other honey-do projects and was ready to use the jointer for some real woodworking. Taking small cuts (1/32nd) and getting nice results.

Then...

Jointer cuts out....

Pull the back panel off, and it tells me "ERR11" which the manual says is "motor overload" with the following options:
    1. F9-01 (motor overload protection gain) is set improperly, set F9-01 correctly
    2. Load is too heavy or locked rotor occurs on motor, reduce load or check motor and mechanical connections
    3. Control board is abnormal, contact the agent to replace

I don't think it's #3 as it is brand new and was working fine.

I don't think it's #2 as the motor was running like butter. Smooth and powerful.

As for #1, I can't find F9-01 in the manual anywhere, so I'm unsure what setting I would adjust to.

Later in the manual, it suggests "auto-tuning" if the AC drive detects over-current and over-voltage frequently... I can see steps on how to do that auto tuning I think, but I'm wondering if I should try to adjust F9-01 first...

Any ideas?
    - Bob R.
    Collegeville PA (30 minutes west of Philly)

Blog Entries
    I went through every parameter and set them as follows, and was able to work for 2 hours without a recurrence of the issue... not sure which setting did it??

I think these all pertain to the VFD recognizing that I have a light switch in place:

F0-01 motor 1 control set to 2 "V/F control (not sure why, this was in there from before)
    F0-02 set to 1 "terminal IO control" (tells the VFD to use the switch I understand it)
    F4-00 set to 1 which makes terminal DI1 "forward run" (this is the terminal I have my switch wired to... so switch on = forward run)

Here's a bunch of places where I found 50 hz as the setting, but seems like all should be 60 hz (and maybe this was the problem?)

F0-10 max frequency set to 60 Hz (was previously 50... maybe the issue?)
    F0-12 frequency reference upper limit set to 60 hz too (was also previously 50)
    F1-04 rated motor frequency set to 60 hz (is that right? I just figured all hz settings should match at 60)

These are settings I attempted to match to the motor plate:

F1-01 rated motor power set to 1.2 kw (which is the closest I could get for 1.5 hp motor which would be 1.12 kw)
    F1-02 rated motor voltage set to 200 to match motor plate (this previously was set as 220)
    F1-03 rated motor current set to 5.8 amps (because that's the only thing on the motor plate that was in amps I figured it would go here?)
    F1-05 rated motor speed set to 3450 rpm to match motor plate

And this one I just randomly found and was able to eliminate belt "slap" by having the motor start slowly

F0-17 acceleration time set to 5 seconds
    - Bob R.
    Collegeville PA (30 minutes west of Philly)