Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sawstop mobile base

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pratt View Post
    You are correct Jon. I had my facts mixed up. The fixed casters don't look like they would be easily changed out for swivel though. This is from the manual

Attachment 427658
    Thanks for checking and posting the diagram, Frank. I agree that switching to rotating casters looks like a non-starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F Franklin View Post
    Are you referring to the original design where there was a right angle fitting right at the back of the blade guard, or the newer design where the hose is longer and loops around and runs straight into the guard?

My understanding is the early design plugged up and didn't work well, but newer reviews of the current design seem to indicate it works reasonably well.

I'd be willing to move up to the floating guard with the 4" hose, but folks seem to gripe about that as well, mostly in terms of positioning it and the weight and size of it, not in terms of the dust collection.
    Both of them is a straight shot out the back flex hose over to the metal arm that loops over the right side of the table and then down to a tee. Eliminated the tee and arm on both saws. Both saws have the hose connected to the blade guard and then going overhead to ductwork. Have to pull the pivot pin way too much on mine and the one at the high school is very rarely used due to plugging.