Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First of Many Projects Inspired By All at SAWMILLCREEK

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Hills View Post
    Those came out nice. I think you chose well to make mostly shallow drawers and even to have the rods fairly compartmentalized.
    What are the dimensions of the closet?

It looks like you have some burn marks on the edges of the plywood before you put on the trim. Do you know what is causing that? I'd recommend getting your saw and technique adjusted to minimize that, as this usually represents something you don't want, like lateral pressure on your blade. Check your blade/fence/splitter alignment, and your infeed/outfeed support for the plywood.

When I got the saw (Used) I tuned it up and installed a longer extruded aluminum fence, JessEm feed rollers & a Forrest Saw blade to make my life easier.

Matt

HI Matt thanks for the feedback & questions

Here are the dimensions of the closet

Height 107.5"
    Left Wall 140"
    Middle Wall 107"
    Right Wall 87"

The cabinet depth is 20.5"

The burn marks all all done by my tracksaw, its a Makita cordless tracksaw so I know it's my fault not the tools lol... Since I was working alone I felt better/safer ripping all of the 8' large sheets down with a track saw. I have a 4x8 sheet of OSB cut in half that I throw on sawhorses. This setup makes the sheets want to fold in which puts pressure on the blade. Next go around I will throw some foam on my assembly table to eliminate that.

That slot you see on the top right side was cut once I got the cabinet installed. The pull down attic ladder added a complex problem I had to address.

Alos, I am a little OCD about symmetry and unfortunately there is a giant wall protrusion I had to build around. I wanted to tear it out but took a peek inside and the hot water heater vent pipe is inside. I plan on mounting a mirror to the flat panel. I attached a picture / Sketchlist drawing to illustrate what i ran into.

If I can answer any other question fire away I enjoy sharing/learning with everyone!

Sean
    Last edited by Sean Etchason; 03-10-2020 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jim sauterer View Post
    Great job looks great welcome to the creek you save yourself $10,000
    I kept telling myself this would of cost $15k to make myself power through it when I was dog tired... In the end I saved money but the important thing was I was able to buy MORE TOOLS!!!

I have to say my favorite purchase is a cordless 18ga nailer It's so much fun to be able to nail things without an air-hose attached to your hip