Thread: Sawstop Extension Table

Sawstop Extension Table

I just finished a project and was cleaning up my ̶a̶s̶s̶e̶m̶b̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ I mean my Sawstop saw. I used SimpleGreen to clean the 52" extension and noticed that it dulled the surface considerably. I suspect this is permanent but wondered if anyone has any suggestions (other than paint) to restore the sheen?

You might want to contact SawStop.
    Michael Dilday
    Suffolk, Va.

Simple Green can be hard on painted surfaces. I’ll learn from your experience and keep it away from my extension table. Thanks.
    You could experiment with a fine rubbing compound or automobile paint polish to see if that restores the gloss. Maybe wax it after if it comes out ok.
    Best of luck with it!

you could re-veneer it. I had some of the edge come off because my vacuum line slid along it and caught and pulled at it. I reglued it but seemed to come off farely easy

I have a sawstop 24x27" black table extension from my 36" PCS that's brand new and going in the trash soon. I'm not going to ship it, but if anyone needs it in the Sacramento CA area, you're welcome to swing by and grab it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Krawford View Post
    I just finished a project and was cleaning up my ̶a̶s̶s̶e̶m̶b̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ I mean my Sawstop saw. I used SimpleGreen to clean the 52" extension and noticed that it dulled the surface considerably. I suspect this is permanent but wondered if anyone has any suggestions (other than paint) to restore the sheen?
    I put wax on my SawStop extension table. That dulled the surface considerably, just how I like it. Nobody needs shiny on these things.