Thread: Ukulele

Ukulele

Hey,

I just finished my first instrument, which is a ukulele concert. I had absolutely no experience before starting this project, but I'm really happy with the result.

My main goal is now to build an acoustic guitar, but in the meantime, here is a quick recap video of my ukulele build:

Looks good ! Sometimes no experience is actually good. Having been exposed to radio Arthur Godfrey and his ukulele
    when I was a child...I am unlikely to forget what that was like ! But I'm glad it's available for those who want to enjoy it
    "in the privacy of their own home !"

Great build and video, Mathieu! What part(s) of the build did you enjoy most?

I have built one acoustic guitar and want to build more - they're a blast, for sure. Our soundman at church wants me to try a ukulele and I may do that one day. I have plenty of suitable wood that's not large enough for a guitar so a ukulele just makes sense.

David
    David
    CurlyWoodShop on Etsy, David Falkner on YouTube, difalkner on Instagram

yea, give it a shot!

I think the part I enjoyed the most was carving the neck.

Very nice work and video. thanks for posting.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Great job, Matthieu.

Loved your video! And it’s always nice to see Mastercraft products in a post!

Thank you for posting.

Also - that CNC machine - what brand and model is that
    Last edited by Howard Rosenberg; 12-23-2021 at 8:35 PM.

Thanks!

I'm actually building an acoustic guitar right now, check my youtube channel for my build videos for the guitar if interested.

Living in Canada, it's hard to have a shop without a few mastercraft tools! Those are great tools too often overlooked in my opinion, because for a fraction of the price, they are pretty decent. I particularly love my mastercraft planer!

As for my little CNC, it's a chinese model. Search for CNC 3018 and you'll find many models similar to mine. It's small and not very powerful, but it works great for small projects like my inlay.

Anyway, thanks for watching and for your comments.

Are these the same Mastercraft tools that they sell in the US at Menards?
    < insert spurious quote here >

Blog Entries
    Like!

Wee guitar! Very satisfying!

thanks!

As for mastercraft, can't tell for sure, but I'd say it's not the same brand. It's kind of the inhouse brand of Canadian Tire, which is a country wide banner here in Canada.