Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grizzly tools and Shipping

Blog Entries
    This thread is a good demonstration of how our circumstances differ. I live where major sea ports and massive freeway systems are readily available. The truckers have no qualms about driving into cul-de-sac neighborhoods; they're professionals. I have friends that live in a very rural area. When you go to visit you take the truck, not the car ;-) Many of us live in between these two points and delivery will vary with that.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

About 5 years ago I purchased a cyclone dust collector from Grizzly. I shipped it to Montana and drove down to the border to pick it up myself. This is about 200 km round trip. I could have shipped it to Alberta but it would have nearly doubled the cost. They go through a broker (fees),then there is duty ,GST and the shipping rates are far higher to Canada. Far simpler and cheaper to use Grizzly's US shipping service and then only end up paying GST at the border.

Quote Originally Posted by Josko Catipovic View Post
    This thread speaks pretty strongly for buying from your local dealer.
    I always buy from my local.....hold it, wrong dealer. Lol

I have always had them meet me at our Wal-Mart parking lot. CDL traffic is not an issue for the driver and I can back a pickup truck right to it. Furniture cart for the heavier items and Mr Newton's apple/gravity is a boost if you know what you are doing. Drivers have always appreciated it and no extra fee. Some of the bigger items come in multiple boxes so it might be reassuring to know what you are getting into by asking instead of the sticker shock of the overall listed weight.

I would not hesitate to order.....