Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you have a computerized Follow up/ reminder system?

Blog Entries

Do you have a computerized Follow up/ reminder system?

So, not for the first time, I forgot to pay my real estate taxes and had to pay the taxes plus $50 in interest. Can someone recommend a reminder system I can put on the computer to remind me of this and my estimated tax due dates?
    Thanks
    Dennis

If you run the MicroSoft Office Suite, your Outlook Mail can handle tasks like that easily. The calendar portion lets you setup reminders and will also allow you to make them re-occur at specified intervals.

I use it to keep track of Dr. appointments, Estimated Tax due dates, Emptying days for a dumpster I have use of when there is room...

Blog Entries
    I use Google Calendar with good success on Windows, linux and iPhone.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I use reminders constantly on my iPhone. Just say “Hey Siri” and tell her to remind me about X at Y time on Z day. Super helpful and useful.

My mom has some short term memory loss and iPhone reminders would be great for her. Wish I could teach her but she just forgets how to do it.
    Last edited by Matt Day; 03-04-2020 at 5:42 PM.

+1 for Google Calendar. I can access it on all of my devices.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis thompson View Post
    So, not for the first time, I forgot to pay my real estate taxes and had to pay the taxes plus $50 in interest. Can someone recommend a reminder system I can put on the computer to remind me of this and my estimated tax due dates?
    Thanks
    It depends on what computer you have as to what may be your best calendar app.

For me it is still easy to remember the property tax is due at about the same time as my truck registration, state business sales tax and federal income tax. That is one heavy tax month. The car registration is in January. My business license is a different story. That is due in June and always seems to slip my mind. Also since we haven't been doing much business lately we sometimes think about not renewing.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Another +1 for Google Calendar, you can set it up to email you days or hours in advance.
    Assumption is the mother of all screw ups
    Anonyms

memo to me
    http://www.memotome.com/

will send an email it free and I us it for Taxes and birhtdays long distace dr appointment works great
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    memo to me
    http://www.memotome.com/

will send an email it free and I us it for Taxes and birhtdays long distace dr appointment works great
    Bert
    Looks just like what I'm looking for. I just signed up for it.
    Thanks
    Dennis

I use Thunderbird for email. There is an add-on called Lightning. It has one-time and recurring reminders etc. and syncs with Google calendar among others.

Blog Entries
    I have two paper wall calendars that hang in different rooms that I write reminders on. That keeps me current.

What about your own bank?

Can you use your bank? We use our bank as we can enter any bill when it is received and at the right day it is paid. The system also generates future transactions report just to follow up your bank account.

We input into the system all taxes, utility bills, merchandise purchase billing, our internet fiber provider, credit cards, and all. No probs and it is easy to follow up.

iPhone, iPad and Mac notebook. I am all set. I just say "Hey Siri, remind me to pay my estimated tax on ??/??/??." All there is to it.
    Michael Dilday
    Suffolk, Va.

Quote Originally Posted by dennis thompson View Post
    Bert
    Looks just like what I'm looking for. I just signed up for it.
    Thanks

Glad I could help hope it works as good for you as it does for me
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

unfortunately I haven't