Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you cut your fingers off, would I be responsible. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wyko View Post
    Not meant to be funny, I've taken the ends off 2 fingers myself and put my saw stop to the test 2 weeks ago. I've had numerous people say they would cut themselves so I'm curious what the liability would be.
    Are you saying that your SawStop malfunctioned?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wyko View Post
    Not meant to be funny, I've taken the ends off 2 fingers myself and put my saw stop to the test 2 weeks ago. I've had numerous people say they would cut themselves so I'm curious what the liability would be.
    Your liability would have been the same as for any cutting board you've sold. It could increase your liability to sell a product that is more hazardous than a normal cutting board.
    What does your insurance agent say? If your covered for all cutting boards you should be good.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I've studied product liability.
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right."
    - Henry Ford

Gosh that looks way too much like work to me. Impressive. Thats gotta be like a $3k cutting board? Thats a ton of work to chop lard on lol.

Blog Entries
    I was cutting a board about 1.5 inches thick and cutting off about 1/8th of an inch. The board had a recess I didn't notice and the blade came through the side.On a regular saw, I would have lost about a 1/4" or more of my finger. Instead, it felt like a little electrical shock and BAM! blade was gone, didn't even leave a mark on my finger. I swear by the Saw Stop table saw, there's a table saw injury every 9 minutes in the USA. The day I ordered it, an employee split his ring finger down the middle about 1/2 way through his finger. I had asked him if he was qualified to use a TS, He swore up and down, no problem. First 6 inches into the cut, he pushed the wood away from the fence and split the finger. He lied about ever using a TS, cost him a life long injury. ALSO, my workmans comp went up $1000.00 a month. SO don't think for one second that the Saw Stop is too expensive people.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

Blog Entries
    A smaller one has made a person dizzy but it was due to their own condition.

Blog Entries
    No, my band saw's capacity isn't big enough.

I understand parquet floors where invented so at parties folks could watch the drunks stagger around.
    Bill D