Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you cut your fingers off, would I be responsible. LOL

Blog Entries

If you cut your fingers off, would I be responsible. LOL

So, would I be responsible if you chopped off your fingers on my cutting board? Inquiring minds want to know. This is a whole hog cutting board for Rec Tec grills.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

No, but you would be for the migraine and vertigo. That is crazy good. I gotta ask - how many pieces?

John

Blog Entries
    A rough count puts it at over 11,000 pieces.

Very impressive! Thank you for sharing. Do you happen to have any construction details and/or photographs showing the process?
    Last edited by Andrew Nemeth; 03-03-2020 at 9:08 PM.

Wow, those are huge!

I'm absolutely sure someone would try to sue thoug if it ever did happen.

I cut 3/4 of the way through one finger and it took two surgeries to get it to be something. Recovering from two surgeries back to back is no fun. Cutting off fingers isn't funny to me, not in any context.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Coers View Post
    I cut 3/4 of the way through one finger and it took two surgeries to get it to be something. Recovering from two surgeries back to back is no fun. Cutting off fingers isn't funny to me, not in any context.
    That's exactly why we use a chopping box, and a scrape hoe. We build an oak box about 20" wide, 30" long, and 16" deep. Leave some cracks between the bottom board for grease to drain out. Take fully cooked pork, shake it of the bone into box, and have a go at it with scrape hoe. You may know scrape hoes as ice scrapers. Here we use them to clean mortar off floors on construction sites. Commercil BBQ places use a "Buffalo" to chop BBQ.

Dang Bill! That thing makes my head swim to look at it. The design department must be smokin them left hand cigarettes to come up with that. Nice work, but how do you keep the pattern straight in your brain while assembling it?
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wyko View Post
    So, would I be responsible if you chopped off your fingers on my cutting board? Inquiring minds want to know. This is a whole hog cutting board for Rec Tec grills.
    If you only hang it on the wall, you might be safe.

Very nice work. Do you make tall/thick 1/4 of the pattern and chop/resaw them and put 4 of them around to save time?

Blog Entries
    Not meant to be funny, I've taken the ends off 2 fingers myself and put my saw stop to the test 2 weeks ago. I've had numerous people say they would cut themselves so I'm curious what the liability would be.
    Last edited by Bill Wyko; 03-04-2020 at 2:24 PM.

Blog Entries
    I use a lot of reference marks, originally tried to just line them up but it was too confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    That's exactly why we use a chopping box, and a scrape hoe. We build an oak box about 20" wide, 30" long, and 16" deep. Leave some cracks between the bottom board for grease to drain out. Take fully cooked pork, shake it of the bone into box, and have a go at it with scrape hoe. You may know scrape hoes as ice scrapers. Here we use them to clean mortar off floors on construction sites. Commercil BBQ places use a "Buffalo" to chop BBQ.
    I didn't explain my accident. It was in the shop with a saw, not with a knife on a cutting board. But it was a trauma that made me sweat for a long time when I hit the start button.

Blog Entries
    It weighs over 200 lbs, better be a strong wall.