Thread: what pump to use?

what pump to use?

Bought a 55 gallon of Titebond 50 glue yesterday.

now the question is how do I get them out of the drum? been looking at drum pumps but there are so many, I wonder if there is one specifically designed for glue? will any drum pump work?

thumbnail_image1.jpg

At the cannery the 275 gallon totes where up on a stand with a ball valve on the bottom. Open the valve and let it flow out into a bucket. close valve and place a can under it to catch the drips. I think the valve was PVC or stainless steel. You might look for fuel tank valves to place the barrel horizontal.
    Bil lD

Blog Entries
    How long until you use it up? It is my understanding that regular Titebond does not have an indefinite shelf life.
    NOW you tell me...

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Anderson View Post
    How long until you use it up? It is my understanding that it does not have an indefinite shelf life.
    every month I use 1-2 of the 5 gallon bucket. so a 55 gallon should last me 6-12 months.

Albert, drop by your local bulk oil distributor. There you will probably find a stand and valve. The valve goes in the bung, and the stand let’s you tip the barrel horizontal. The ones at my shop are then at the perfect height for a 5 gal pail to fit.
    Cheers
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Lee View Post
    Bought a 55 gallon of Titebond 50 glue yesterday.

now the question is how do I get them out of the drum? been looking at drum pumps but there are so many, I wonder if there is one specifically designed for glue? will any drum pump work?

thumbnail_image1.jpg
    I bought a 55 gal drum of Anchor seal from UC coatings. I found a valve to fit the drum bung a a local supply house. I built a sturdy stand from 2x PT pine to hold it horizontal, used gravity instead of a pump.

thank you all, I managed to find a second hand pump locally for $10. works pretty good, hoping mad the glue inside the pump wont dried up next time I use it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    You might try an air operated diaphragm pump. They come in various sizes and pump almost anything and are pretty easy to clean.

The glue in the spout of that pump above the pump valves will dry out. At least rubber band a plastic bag over the opening of the spout when done. Use. a baggie or a condom.
    Bill D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    The glue in the spout of that pump above the pump valves will dry out. At least rubber band a plastic bag over the opening of the spout when done. Use. a baggie or a condom.
    Bill D
    Looks like he's got it capped with duct tape.