Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: You know you're getting old when:

If you happen to come across any 2020 Canadian pennies hang on to them, they are collectors items.

Your kids start getting AARP cards.

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    You know you're picking up a penny on the ground and then put it in cup you keep on the dresser.
    When enough coins are in the jar, you take it to a coin star machine.

Why would anyone take their change to a Star machine? Unless their super lazy. 30% to give me paper money , not in this lifetime
    I'm old when I can't roll my own change LOL
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    Why would anyone take their change to a Star machine? Unless their super lazy. 30% to give me paper money , not in this lifetime
    I'm old when I can't roll my own change LOL
    Yikes, you have to pay to roll the coins with those machines? Our credit union does it for free.

You know you are old when, You have to leave work early, to go home and have a randevu with your wife. And you can't remember the last one you had!

Nope, I will always be able to get into my pickup. Beyond that, what do you even need.

You remember these two great LIES: With nuclear energy, electricity will be too cheap to meter. With computers, we wouldn't be needing paper.
    Last edited by Bruce Wrenn; 03-15-2020 at 8:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    You remember these two great LIES: With nuclear energy, electricity will be too cheap to meter. With computers, we would be needing paper.
    Did you mean "not" be needing paper?

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    Did you mean "not" be needing paper?

Good catch!

Blog Entries
    You know you need suspenders and hearing aides, but are too stubborn. So you can't hear your wife telling you to pull up your pants.
    Last edited by Ole Anderson; 03-15-2020 at 9:58 PM.
    NOW you tell me...

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Anderson View Post
    You know you need suspenders and hearing aides, but are too stubborn. So you can't hear your wife telling you to pull up your pants.
    Simple case of too much belly, or no assatol. It's the latter for me

Well sonny I remember the corona virus scare of 2020. We all learned to bow and curtsy to keep our social distance. I bought that big bandsaw for four cases of toilet paper and a half bottle of clorox. We had to use wheelbarrows to bring rolls of toilet paper as payment when we went shopping.
    Bill D

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    You remember these two great LIES: With nuclear energy, electricity will be too cheap to meter. With computers, we wouldn't be needing paper.
    One of them has already happened. The other is up to the utilities to consent to (that's the real issue, and something's gotta be in it for them. What do you suggest?)

As someone once said to me, "The paperless office is about as likely to occur as the paperless bathroom."
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Anderson NH View Post
    As someone once said to me, "The paperless office is about as likely to occur as the paperless bathroom."
    An attempt of mine to reduce the amount of paper used in my previous situation was taken on by management and due to their inability at understanding the purpose resulted in using three times more paper to do the record keeping. (now that is a run on sentence)

There is always someone to take on a simple task and make it in to a colossal display or ineptitude.

If you can understand that or have seen it happen, you know you are getting old.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)