Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: You know you're getting old when:

When you wake up like me this morning with the theme song from the Wyatt Earp tv show stuck in your head.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Weber View Post
    When you wake up like me this morning with the theme song from the Wyatt Earp tv show stuck in your head.
    Oh man, Wyatt Earp Wyatt Earp
    Brave and courageous and bold

At least it has words.

Bonanza theme is stuck in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Grider View Post
    Oh man, Wyatt Earp Wyatt Earp
    Brave and courageous and bold

At least it has words.

Bonanza theme is stuck in my head.
    lol. "Long live his fame and long live his glory and long may his story be told".
    Marty Robbins had a LP with the Bonanza theme on it but he added words. "Hello Friends, come on in, the gates are open wide.........."
    Then also "Cheyenne". "Like the restless winds of the plain......"
    And "Never underestimate a 'Sugarfoot'". I can sing these to anyone that wants to hear them
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

Blog Entries
    And don't forget Johny Yuma was a rebel, he roamed through the west.

Or Back when the west was very young, There was a man named Masterson, he wore a cane and derby hat…

Or Whistle me up a memory, whistle me back where I want to be…

Rollin' rollin' rollin', Though the streams are swollen, keep them doggies rollin'…

There sure were a lot of western themed programs back then.

Even more modern ones like Seventy Seven Sunset Strip > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnIjm4RHQw4

jtk
    Last edited by Jim Koepke; 03-20-2020 at 4:47 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Blog Entries
    How about remembering when you used one of these:

Coffee Anyone?.jpg

Anyone still use them?

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I am so old I remember when Michael Jackson was black. Kids don't get that one anymore. They ask was he really black at one time?
    I am so old I remember the corona scare of 2020. You asked a girl out to see your tp collection back then. Movie theaters were closed so that was all there was to do. We looked at tp and my water bottle collection. The smart kids also had bleach and hand sanitizer to impress their girls with.
    Bil lD

When you need to walk to two different places, and you try to figure what's the shortest way to do this. DAMHIK Did it today!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post

Coffee Anyone?.jpg

Anyone still use them?

jtk
    Jim, used to have one like that and used it at my first cabin in wilds.... Much simpler now.
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post

Coffee Anyone?.jpg

Anyone still use them?

jtk
    I have one just like that, it's aluminum that was originally yellow on the outside, it's our camping coffee pot although we haven't used it for a few years. Must be 40 to 50 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Garson View Post
    I have one just like that, it's aluminum that was originally yellow on the outside, it's our camping coffee pot although we haven't used it for a few years. Must be 40 to 50 years old.
    We have one of those. Plus an Italian version to make expresso, similar in principle but a different design with a pressure chamber at the bottom which forces the boiling water up through the grounds from below. Ours is small enough to make one double.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Garson View Post
    When you wake up and realize 40 years ago was 1980 and need to add another 20 years to “old” things and times.