Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hand planed floor.

Hand planed floor.

The floor of the mountain house was in bad shape from the previous owner, so I thought i will do the flooring manualy, atm couldnt afford for someone to do the job. Also I had a one year break from woodworking and this was kinda excuse to do it with planes and compensate for the entire year break .
    3.jpg4.jpg2.jpg5.jpg1.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg

Of all the planes, the block plane fot used the most.
    Last edited by Mark Almeidus; 03-03-2020 at 9:08 AM.

WOW! Cinderella, eat your heart out!

Hopefully you had someone to feed you when you couldn't lift a fork to your mouth, after?

Quote Originally Posted by bill epstein View Post
    Hopefully you had someone to feed you when you couldn't lift a fork to your mouth, after?

And an air mattress to roll over onto! Floor came out great - really an admirable job. Both the outcome and the effort.
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

Mr. Miyagi would be proud of you, AlmeiduSan.

Now that's what I call "Sand the floor!"

The floor looks amazing! You are a more patient person than me. At that point I would have tried to convince SWMBO that I had to have one of these.
    76460_1000x.jpg

I'm not sure about that. I think he was the first. When was that picture taken, Warren? Just because of the way they are dressed, doesn't mean they didn't do that AFTER Mark did his. I am skeptical of that picture.

Beautiful job! But my knees and back ache just thinking about it. Did you hit any fasteners or check somehow ahead of time?
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Quote Originally Posted by Prashun Patel View Post
    I'm not sure about that. I think he was the first. When was that picture taken, Warren? Just because of the way they are dressed, doesn't mean they didn't do that AFTER Mark did his. I am skeptical of that picture.
    True that Patel . Back then there were no machines, so that was the only way to do the job. Who is crazy enough today with all the technology to to this with planes?
    And something is fishy with that picture.
    floor-strippers.jpg
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]The Floor Scrapers[/COLOR]

There was one dose of infusion therapy.
    Luckily there were no nails or fasteners.

freiler thompson I will consider that for the next floor planing

Wow! You sir, are my new hero. I did the old fir floor, about 12x26, in our old house last year. I used a floor sander, but it being floors and baseboard spent plenty of time on my hands and knees. At 70, it like to kill me, but I got it done. My wife was so impressed she now has "allowed" me to do the staircase and upstairs floors. Fortunately, both my daughters have enough for me to do that I can put it off a while longer.

Thanks Jack. Its nice that your wife was impressed for what you did. At that age respect.

you are insane!

And there are two of them