Thread: Computer??

Computer??

I am having a hard time opening this parts link. I have not been able to open for a couple years now and now that I need parts again I tried once again and just can not open. It says the site is unavailable. Exact wording is Site can not be reached. yet everyone else is able to open it. I tried clearing my cache. Tried clearing my cookies and in fact can not find any cookies linked to that site. I looked in cookie file. I tried opening in an incognito window and still no. I am using Chrome but have an older operating system that is not supported any more Windows XP64. Can this be the problem?? Any other suggestions??

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/je...661_32864.html
    John T.

John, it is very likely that the older software is causing your issue. I clicked on the link you provided and it immediately opened, so the link is good. Email me (address is in my profile) and I can send some images of the parts/numbers you are interested in.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Quote Originally Posted by John Terefenko View Post
    I am having a hard time opening this parts link. I have not been able to open for a couple years now and now that I need parts again I tried once again and just can not open. It says the site is unavailable. Exact wording is Site can not be reached. yet everyone else is able to open it. I tried clearing my cache. Tried clearing my cookies and in fact can not find any cookies linked to that site. I looked in cookie file. I tried opening in an incognito window and still no. I am using Chrome but have an older operating system that is not supported any more Windows XP64. Can this be the problem?? Any other suggestions??

That's interesting. Are you able to open the website itself? Is chrome up to date? Windows version will/should not cause any problems.

Only thing I can think of that can cause such problem is proxy or DNS settings.

Try installing firefox. See if it works. If not chances are high it's DNS. I would try openDNS or Google Open DNS (google these names for instructions).

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schlumpf View Post
    John, it is very likely that the older software is causing your issue. I clicked on the link you provided and it immediately opened, so the link is good. Email me (address is in my profile) and I can send some images of the parts/numbers you are interested in.
    Thanks Steve I need to call Jet Monday because the part I need is the motor slide on my Performax 16/32 drum sander. I need to see if Jet parts is the same as the Performax because I think Jet took them over. It is either them or Laguana. But also want to see if they did any improvements with that piece because that is one piece that you see many people have to replace because of the aluminum threads.
    John T.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuj Prateek View Post
    That's interesting. Are you able to open the website itself? Is chrome up to date? Windows version will/should not cause any problems.

Only thing I can think of that can cause such problem is proxy or DNS settings.

Try installing firefox. See if it works. If not chances are high it's DNS. I would try openDNS or Google Open DNS (google these names for instructions).
    No Chrome is not up to date because the windows XP is not supported any more. Have no idea what DNS is but will look into it.
    John T.

Quote Originally Posted by John Terefenko View Post

you need to update your OS and have an up to date browser.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Wintle View Post
    you need to update your OS and have an up to date browser.
    This.

Here's why: The certificate used is not supported by your operating system. You will not be able to connect. This will become more and more common as ALL of the certificates your OS supports are completely deprecated and COMPLETELY insecure.

Furthermore, I would HIGHLY recommend NOT using that computer for ANY financial transactions.
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

Blog Entries
    Maybe it is time to take your computer to a service like Best Buy and have their technical staff look at it.
    I've done that.

for what it's worth- it opened fine on one of my XP's using firefox, and on this win7 using IE...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    for what it's worth- it opened fine on one of my XP's using firefox, and on this win7 using IE...
    Thanks I may switch back over to firefox. I use to use that for awhile till I had problems with it.
    John T.

Try Firefox. I think it will be more compatible with XP.