Thread: KF 700 DRO rip fence

KF 700 DRO rip fence

Does anyone know the upcharge for Digital readout on the Felder KF700 rip fence when ordering a new machine?
    Any experience out there with this feature?

About $900, can be done for about $350 using a fiama unit, felder i believe uses siko which is about $600. There are other hacks for less but you will loose the ability to completely flip the fence out of the way because the “reader” runs in a track and is not a magnetic reader.

Quote Originally Posted by Acharya Kumarswami View Post
    Does anyone know the upcharge for Digital readout on the Felder KF700 rip fence when ordering a new machine?
    Any experience out there with this feature?

I had it, but it was almost 20 years ago. Sounds like it might have been an add on, since I believe it was under $400 then.

Anyway, it was a great feature, and I liked it. It took a battery, and turned on/off separately.

Mine was 3 phase with a built in inverter and variable speed for the shaper. This meant the TS was also variable speed, which I also liked. Back then the motor was 50 cycle, so it ran faster on 60 cycle juice.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Does the Felder rip fence DRO also cause loss of the ability to completely flip the fence out of the way?
    It sounds like the answer is yes, but just to confirm, as I do need that feature.

no, it’s only the wixey type. The Felder stock unit, fiama and siko will allow complete flip of fence without monkeying around...

Does the Felder rip fence DRO also cause loss of the ability to completely flip the fence out of the way?
    It sounds like the answer is yes, but just to confirm, as I do need that feature.

Thank you Mark. Any experience with the Felder DRO rip fence for someone planning a 700 series saw purchase and picking out features?

Is it correct that if you do lift it off the table that it required recalibration?
    Is calibration in this case a simple matter?

On my 2000 model, you just slide the fence over to kiss the blade and hit the zero button. Done. Good until you take the fence off again.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

...Any experience with the Felder DRO rip fence for someone planning a 700 series saw purchase and picking out features?
    One of my local owners has the DRO's on his KF700SP. It's a whole different fence extrusion. Almost certain it's from the Kappa saws. The flip stops and DRO housing are huge. Pretty sure it will not let me order that option unless it's a 1500mm outrigger. You will certainly want the trolley if you have this combo and plan to take it off on a regular basis.

Is it correct that if you do lift it off the table that it required recalibration?
    Is calibration in this case a simple matter?
    "Yes", and "Yes", like Rick said.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep