Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted to buy RASTER laser machine

Wanted to buy RASTER laser machine

I’m interested in buying a “raster” laser machine for hobby use.

Somewhere in the area of 12“ x 18” bed size.

I’m not interested in high power For cutting, 40 watts would be fine. I mainly want to do raster engraving.

Can anybody recommend something for this purpose

Thanks,
    Chuck

A good machine would be a Rabbit Laser
    QX-XX-6040
    Specifications: Laser-type: Sealed Glass Laser power: 40W (special order for 60 watt Glass tube) Machine frame size in millimeters: 1070 Tall x 860 Deep x 1060 Wide Machine frame size in inches: 42.1Tall x 33.9Deep x 41.7Wide Crated weight with accessories: 180 KGs (396 lbs) Engraving area: 23.62 x 15.75 inches (600 x 400 mm) Motorized Worktable with about 9.45 inches (24cm)of usable height Engraving speed: 0-60,000mm/min Max cutting speed: 0-36,000mm/min Laser output control: 1-100% software setting Location precision: les..
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Have a look at the Aeon Mira 5, I have one with a 30w metal tube, so just air cooled. Great for engraving, but I wouldn’t use it for cutting anything thicker than card.
    Shenhui SG350 fitted with a 60w tube.
    Aeon Nova 10 100w tube.
    Aeon Mira 5030 30w RF tube.
    20w Fiber Laser.
    50w Fiber Laser.
    Located in the Isle of Man, which isn't in the UK but almost surrounded by it.

Thanks for the Inputs, Julian and Bert.

The price of these machines are a bit higher than what my budget will allow.

Does anybody know Is there anything out there in the $2000-3000 range? Less than 40 watts would be fine. I would like to have a turn key set up. Really not interested in building one from a kit.

Basically I’m just looking for for “Raster” engraver.

Thanks,
    Chuck

You can import a really nice King Rabbit laser 40 0r 60 watts well under 3K
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

or you can take your chances with an ebay machine if you go that route really do your homework research seller very well lotta scam artist on ebay but a few good one too.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

you say you only want to engrave. What are you engraving that doesn't need to also be cut??Were you located maybe theres a used machine near you
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

A Mira 5 might be within your price range if you ordered it direct from the factory rather than go through a local reseller. Just do a search on Alibaba.
    Shenhui SG350 fitted with a 60w tube.
    Aeon Nova 10 100w tube.
    Aeon Mira 5030 30w RF tube.
    20w Fiber Laser.
    50w Fiber Laser.
    Located in the Isle of Man, which isn't in the UK but almost surrounded by it.

This looks like a nice used laser it says year 2000 but the label says 2016

https://hgrinc.com/?all=1&view&aisle...max_price&pn=1

I’ll have to do more research on the price. Initial numbers appeared to be in the $4000 to 5 range

Looks interesting,
    A friend was telling me about a universal laser and how much he liked it.

I will definitely look into this one.

I understand what you’re saying. I would prefer paying more money for a “plug and play “

I need to do more price checking, initial pricie checking was much higher

I checked Alibaba and I could get one for $2000 but had to buy 10 of them For that price.

I will keep looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    This looks like a nice used laser it says year 2000 but the label says 2016
    the machine IS a 2000, the label:
    uni00.jpg

The 2016 label is attached to the laser itself-
    uni2.jpg

Since there's a factory Uni label on the laser, I would wager that indicates the tube was rebuilt, but not sure...
    Still, looks like a good machine, price isn't bad, probably many years left in it...

My BIL owns my old 1997 Uni -rebranded New Hermes- that I bought well used in '02, not a day goes by it doesn't see at LEAST 6 hours use,
    and other than a tube replacment that it didn't really need, nothing has ever failed...knock on my head
    runi.jpg
    I have NOTHING bad to say about Universal lasers, I'm surprised I've never gotten another one...
    Last edited by Kev Williams; 03-01-2020 at 1:28 PM.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle