Thread: Somedays…

Blog Entries

Somedays…

A smile comes from just looking up my driveway:

Looking Out my Backdoor.jpg

One of my favorite things is a little foggy haze in the morning.

A great way to a fresh view on the day.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Yes! That is nice. And you picked a time quite painterly!

Some of my favorite times are when I would have to mow the 1/4 mile of driveway to the house. Or when building/peeing off the porch... Rural life is hard.. but sure can be pretty.
    DSCF0035.jpg
    IMG_2522.jpg
    Last edited by Mark Bolton; 02-27-2020 at 2:14 PM.

Looks better than my view this morning, couldn't see the sidewalk 3 feet from my house. We were in a winter snow event, boy was it blowing.

Your driveway looks so much better Jim.................Rod.

Blog Entries
    Your driveway looks so much better Jim.......
    It changes from year to year. Here is one from 2012 and a month earlier:

Looking Out My Back Door.jpg

This year had a warmer winter and many things are already starting to bud.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

Rural life Ahh! That's what we used to have, but the city has come to us. Million dollar plus homes just across the creek from us now. Thankfully legislator a few years back stopped towns from annexing with out consent, or else we would be in town limits now. When we moved here 40 years, road was dirt, with very few cars. Now it's paved with over 5000 cars a day. So much for the quiet rural life.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    Rural life Ahh! That's what we used to have, but the city has come to us. Million dollar plus homes just across the creek from us now. Thankfully legislator a few years back stopped towns from annexing with out consent, or else we would be in town limits now. When we moved here 40 years, road was dirt, with very few cars. Now it's paved with over 5000 cars a day. So much for the quiet rural life.
    That sounds like where my home was growing up. The large city in the area would annex land for a developer. Homes would be built. People moved 'out to the country' then complain about the roosters in the morning and the smell of cows and horses during the summers.

The rural unincorporated entity that was is almost all gone except for what the city couldn't annex.

jtk

Blog Entries
    At my age, waking up in the morning with no pain and swmbo is still there.