Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dust collector for table saw?

Dust collector for table saw?

Anyone use a dust collector for your table saw? I find it's best just to shove the hose on periodically to suck it all out at once. Just as long as you're not filling it up to the motor.

Blog Entries
    Well, this should start some conversation :-) A fundamental of dust collection is to collect the fine dust at the source to keep it from becoming airborne. Although your method is good at collecting spoil you are not really collecting any fine dust except that which is shifted down into the spoil. If that is working for you, rock on. A lot of other people are looking for something else.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

*ahem*
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Phillip Mitchell; 02-26-2020 at 11:12 PM.
    Still waters run deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Mitchell View Post
    Hmmm...

At this point with this poster, I have GOT to agree with you. He is all over the place with non-sense posts but joined 6 years ago? Hmmm MAkes me wonder if this is a hacked account.

Seems to be a few trolls around lately. Some posts seem ludicrous.

I've never noticed much dust in the air from it. Other tools, yes but since it's a cabinet saw it seems like most just goes down into the cabinet.

That proves it. Certified troll.

8. I use a Dyson fan which I mount to the saw table which blows the sawdust away from the blade and gets directed straight into my homemade sawdust burner that I’ve got setup on my workbench in the middle of the shop. Works great!

What?

Thank God for hall monitors.

Waaaaaaay too many people walking around without legitimate hall passes!

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Conner View Post
    I've never noticed much dust in the air from it. Other tools, yes but since it's a cabinet saw it seems like most just goes down into the cabinet.
    The most dangerous dust isn't visible or noticable and a lot of material comes off the top of the blade. It doesn't matter what kind of table saw it is...from a $200 cheap portable all the way up to a big slider that sells for $10-20K or more.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    After reading this member's posts over the past couple of weeks, I have remained silent for too long. @Travis Connor, you need to back right away from your shop & any tools therein. Like right now. It's a wonder you still have all your digits & appendages & that your tools aren't all ruined (making assumptions here).

Spend a solid week or two watching YouTubes & reading about woodworking & the save operation of tools & machinery. There's a wealth of great material out there that's free for the taking. Forums like this one are a great resource, but your posts have been so have been so ridiculous and show such a lack of the most basic understanding that you are not going to get any serious replies.

I apologize for being so harsh, and my intention is not to be mean, but if you continue in this vein, you'll either A) quit the hobby out of frustration, or B) quit the hobby because you've cut off something vital or busted all your tools.
    Last edited by Frank Pratt; 02-27-2020 at 1:28 PM.

Blog Entries
    We need a like button...
    NOW you tell me...

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Anderson View Post
    We need a like button...

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pratt View Post
    I apologize for being so harsh, and my intention is not to be mean, but if you continue in this vein, you'll either A) quit the hobby out of frustration, or B) quit the hobby because you've cut off something vital or busted all your tools.
    Frank,

Your are forgetting about option C. That he will quit because of people that are rude and unwilling to help him get answers to his questions. I myself have asked basic questions. Sure I could have looked on Youtube, but feel that Youtube is not the best place for answers. Just because you feel his questions are "ridiculous" does not mean he should not ask them.

Travis,

Continue to ask all the questions you want. I hope most of us here will help if we can and not shame you for asking questions.

LOL! Mista Conna, you shall not operate tools!!!!
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!