50 55.56%
  • Not at all worried

32 35.56%
  • What, me worry?

7 7.78%
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus _ worried?

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    The balance is always tricky between risk and caution. Keep your cool but take precatutions.

A friend in Italy told me they decided today to close all schools until mid March. With the accelerating increase of both cases and deaths there this seems a reasonable precaution.

Attachment 427382
    Cases in Italy, 3/3/20

JKJ
    The factory guys are telling me that it's crippled the manufacturing industry in Italy for the time being. All the cases appear to be in the north, which is the industrial region. Seems like it's a whole different ballgame in Europe versus here.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Thanks for that, so far in Canada we have 34 cases, no fatalities yet.........Rod.
    Canadian beer isn't what it used to be, apparently the Molson variant is weaker. More recent developments point to a new variant emerging from the Netherlands, called the Heineken virus, as for the green hue presented. The one I'm really concerned about is the Modelo Dark virus, that one sounds scary.

1st confirmed case of Covid19 just reported for my home county (Ramsey in Minnesota). As if folks here haven't already been in prepper mode, I'm wishing we had loaded up on supplies yesterday! Person came back from a cruise and got sick around Feb 25th. Just now got confirmed test results. They claim the person didn't go out much …

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Barry View Post
    1st confirmed case of Covid19 just reported for my home county (Ramsey in Minnesota). As if folks here haven't already been in prepper mode, I'm wishing we had loaded up on supplies yesterday! Person came back from a cruise and got sick around Feb 25th. Just now got confirmed test results. They claim the person didn't go out much …
    The SXSW festival here in Texas was cancelled late today, at a reported cost of $250million to Austin in lost business. They made the right decision (after weeks of dithering.) That's _nothing_ compared to the economic cost of quarantining the whole city.

Ugh. The grocery store was out of blueberries. Damnit.

As for me, I think it`s some sort of сonspiracy. Mass media want us all to fear this. This sure is a serious problem, but not as serious as they want us to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Johnson View Post
    Superfood shortage

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Johnson View Post
    Superfood shortage

I could send you some blueberries, Nathan. We went to Kroger in Oak Ridge TN yesterday. There were plenty of blueberries and almost everything else. They were out of hand sanitizer, though!

JKJ

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on it..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rich Engelhardt; 03-07-2020 at 10:31 AM.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    I could send you some blueberries, Nathan. We went to Kroger in Oak Ridge TN yesterday. There were plenty of blueberries and almost everything else. They were out of hand sanitizer, though!

JKJ
    A kind offer, indeed. Blueberries are my favorite and I eat them every morning.
    I'll check another store today. They were out of hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes, but I didn't notice much else being short.

I'd suggest that the same people who want to attack the media for "mass hysteria" would also attack them for failure to report a pandemic if one was happening.

It's a fine line between providing calming information and fanning flames of hysteria! Most of the time, it's the other guys perception or opinion on what it being portrayed.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Evans View Post
    As for me, I think it`s some sort of сonspiracy. Mass media want us all to fear this. This sure is a serious problem, but not as serious as they want us to consider.
    It is difficult for me to imagine members of the media got together and decided to promote this story with a goal of causing mass hysteria.

Would it have been better to not inform the public about the canceling of major events? How would you like it if you checked into your hotel room in Austin, TX and not knowing the big event you were there to attend had been canceled?

Should we be left without information on areas with active outbreaks?

If you were visiting a family member at the nursing home in Washington state what would be the best way for you to learn of the outbreak?

In China they tried keeping this quiet. That didn't work.

jtk
    Last edited by Jim Koepke; 03-07-2020 at 3:24 PM. Reason: In China they tried…
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Miles Evans View Post
    Gotta say I think so too, the media wants to "play" us at every opportunity.
    I have yet to see Alex Trebek pitching whole life funeral plans on Nickelodean

I could go on....

Bruce
    Epilog TT 35W, 2 LMI SE225CV's
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Edgerton View Post
    I think they're confusing the Wuhan virus with the Yeehaw virus.