Thread: Posting pics

Posting pics

I know this has been brought up a bunch how to post pics.can someone tell me where to go on this sight for info.thanks jim

Quote Originally Posted by jim sauterer View Post
    I know this has been brought up a bunch how to post pics.can someone tell me where to go on this sight for info.thanks jim
    Also how to post pictures from web sites.

Blog Entries
    Jim and Doug, the simplest ways for either of these is at the top of the text window:

Tools.png

The icon of the world with a chain link allows you to embed a link to an image.

The little window with a tree icon allows you to post up to eight images from your computer. My preference is to post images from my computer since they stay on SMC servers. Many images posted in the past have been lost due to photo hosting sites changing their policies or servers.

There are also some advanced options:

Advanced Tools.png

The paper clip allows for two images to be uploaded at the same time. This is my choice when composing a post off line with a few images. My text is entered with labels for the images. Then when it is posted, the image can all be uploaded. They will all be stored and can be accessed by selecting the arrow/carrot next to the paper clip. An image label is then highlighted with the curser, the arrow clicked and the image to be inserted is selected. Repeat with the following labels.

There was a "Sticky" post about this in the Tech Support section. Some of the software changed and it became outdated. There were comments about the software running SMC being upgraded or changed. There is likely no point in creating a new tutorial on posting images until that is settled.

There is a post currently on how to avoid pictures being sideways or upside down.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Thanks jim I will give it a try

Blog Entries
    If you are on a mobile device you will need to switch to full site mode to see the icons for links and posting photos.

Please note that when you click picture frame icon with the tree, it opens a window where you can select photos from your computer or you can click on the URL tab and enter the address of photos on the internet. We prefer you upload photos to SMC because they will always be here. Photos from internet links may disappear at any time and leave holes in your posts.photos.JPG
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Thanks lee and thank you for your service jim.

Thanks jim and lee finally posted my first pics.thanks very much jim.

Hey Jim Koepke - I am having trouble viewing the pictures you posted as examples. On this thread, and on other threads, I can't view the linked photos. I get this message:

Jake Herbst, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Are you able to help me figure out why I'm unable to view photos?

Jake, as of May 2019, only financial contributors can view images. For a suggested $6 annually, a Contributor can view images, use the private messaging system and have access to the Classified Ads forum.

https://sawmillcreek.org/announcement.php?f=7&a=26
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....