Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: OMG I知 in love. AGIAN.....

OMG I知 in love. AGIAN.....

Just stumble down upon these looking for a Wadkin dm. Sent original poster a message but wonder if anyone can tell me more about these machines. Namely can you find one and if so how and where.

Thanks again,

http://vintagemachinery.org/photoind....aspx?id=32627

Robinson machines are very rare , especially here in US. They were a smaller manufacturer than Wadkin. I have an ETE table saw and prefer it over the PK but it isn't as pretty. Those owwm pictures of the restored machines look like Mark, Brian, or Patrick level work over in UK. Dave

Except the tables don't tilt. Almost worthless.

Maybe so Darcy but most all my work is square and I don’t want some huge mortiser in my shop. I don’t want my pos Felder Fd250 anymore but I also dont want anything like a huge Oliver. You know I just purchased a 12’ Oliver lathe so that the t75 my t54 and matching planer nested t23 time two one sliding table and I’m pretty much at capacity. Oh and a mill I gotta get a dam mill.

I do need something to cut mortise though and I’d like it to be easy peasy. And not huge!

I’d be open to a wysong and there is one right now for sale but I’d prefer a Wadkin dm or one of these Robinson’s as I am fully aware Robinson is more obscure and I like that.

I’m sick of buying and selling. I’m not buying anything anymore that’s just gonna get recycled through my shop. If I bring something in at this point it staying till I die. Otherwise I wait till I can get my hands on exactly what I want.

You only live once I’m making the most of it.
    Last edited by Patrick Walsh; 02-25-2020 at 9:48 PM.

Dave,

I took notice of the restoration work myself. The shiny green paint is nearly exact to what I used in my t75. Then the chemical blackened hardware. I’d love to do that tomthe t23 but it’s not original to the Martin machines so I won’t.

Back when mark out you for sale that Robinson sliding saw he had/has I was very very tempted. I actually think it’s very very nice looking. I’m ok with the Pk but not in love. Don’t get me wrong it’s purty but I like other stuff more.

Like that Robinson.

Quote Originally Posted by David Kumm View Post
    Robinson machines are very rare , especially here in US. They were a smaller manufacturer than Wadkin. I have an ETE table saw and prefer it over the PK but it isn't as pretty. Those owwm pictures of the restored machines look like Mark, Brian, or Patrick level work over in UK. Dave

be nice to have tilt but havent needed it yet in 40 years and know its simple to put an angle on the table if i did.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Walsh View Post
    Maybe so Darcy but most all my work is square and I don’t want some huge mortiser in my shop. I don’t want my pos Felder Fd250 anymore but I also dont want anything like a huge Oliver. You know I just purchased a 12’ Oliver lathe so that the t75 my t54 and matching planer nested t23 time two one sliding table and I’m pretty much at capacity. Oh and a mill I gotta get a dam mill.

I do need something to cut mortise though and I’d like it to be easy peasy. And not huge!

I’d be open to a wysong and there is one right now for sale but I’d prefer a Wadkin dm or one of these Robinson’s as I am fully aware Robinson is more obscure and I like that.

I’m sick of buying and selling. I’m not buying anything anymore that’s just gonna get recycled through my shop. If I bring something in at this point it staying till I die. Otherwise I wait till I can get my hands on exactly what I want.

You only live once I’m making the most of it.
    Isn't the wysong 321 within 100lbs of a oliver 91d?

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Lake View Post
    be nice to have tilt but havent needed it yet in 40 years and know its simple to put an angle on the table if i did.
    Until you want to do square holes for balusters of railing....

I don’t know about the weight but it’s the footprint I’m concerned with.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Sankovich View Post
    Isn't the wysong 321 within 100lbs of a oliver 91d?

P1600698A.jpg

then lower the table and block it up with an angle below, or put a hinge on the wood table bottom and angle it to what you need. Or make a jig that can tilt to any angle. If you have a table top thing then maybe not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Walsh View Post
    I don’t know about the weight but it’s the footprint I’m concerned with.
    Looks like the wysong has a slightly larger footprint per the literature though I'd guess they were likely the same in actually
    Oliver 36x60x72
    wysong 36x77x72
    Screenshot_20200225-221243_Drive.jpg

Yeah I like that wysong.

The guy I recently purchased my t23 from had one. Explained how it had a drill press chuck on it and mitigated the nightmare with chisels.

But you know I have a feeling as a result it would be less precise and precision is very important to me. Not a risk I’m willing to take. I’d rather buy the little wadkin then find someone to fix the problem for me with I think collets or whatever and or just get myself a honkin Metal lathe. Pretty sure my uncle who. Restores early teens cars would be happy to,let me set line up in his shop. Maybe not but maybe yes..

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Sankovich View Post
    Looks like the wysong has a slightly larger footprint per the literature though I'd guess they were likely the same in actually
    Oliver 36x60x72
    wysong 36x77x72
    Screenshot_20200225-221243_Drive.jpg

Oh and Darcy no disrespect not agreeing.

I actually thank you for pointing that out as we all know there’s a good chance I don’t know and here I am saying I want forever machines. So yeah I get your perspective I would get a machine that can do everything.

And I appreciate your input.

This one isn't pretty but the size is fairly compact. Fay and Egan late 20s, early 30s.DSCN3601.jpgDSCN3600.jpg It tilts but not 90 like in the picture. Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Lake View Post
    P1600698A.jpg

then lower the table and block it up with an angle below, or put a hinge on the wood table bottom and angle it to what you need. Or make a jig that can tilt to any angle. If you have a table top thing then maybe not.
    I have one of sitting in my shop. I still prefer my NF CM.

It's much nicer to just tilt the table.