Thread: Air Filtration Location - 2 units

Air Filtration Location - 2 units

Trying to figure best placement for 2 Jet1000 units. Obviously I have a big basement shop. I plan o mounting on the ceiling on opposite ends of the shop and next to the opposite wall.

Should I have the side with the filtered air facing the other unit’s filtered air side? (Basically blowing at each other.). I’m trying to figure out the “circular” air pattern concept.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Not sure the size and shape of your shop. The manufacturer recommends "As important as the air cleaner size is how and where you mount it. Try to mount at about 8-10 feet above the floor (no lower than 6'or 2/3 of the floor to ceiling distance if less than 8' ceiling). Mount along the longest wall so the intake is approximately 1/3 the distance from the shorter wall." If you have two mount them on opposing walls blowing in opposite directions to create a circular air flow. Moving dust into the filter air flow is your friend. I could not mount them so low as my shop is not big enough to take that space. I have one filter in a 18x22 shop mounted on a long wall about 2' from the wall and about 12" from the ceiling about 1/3 way down the wall intake on the shorter distance exhaust on the longer distance. I have a 9' ceiling.
    Michael Dilday
    Suffolk, Va.

I have a Jet 1000 and Jet 2000 opposite each other, about 8 feet in the air for a 1500sq ft shop. They are on the long axis. While noisy when both on, the improvement in air quality is extremely impressive as measured by my Dylos meter. If kept on full time, the particle counts are absurdly low.

In retrospect, two 1000b units would work just fine for my shop.

I know theoretically that perfect position is desirable, but in practice, close enough works great.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Thanks Alan. I basically followed your approach. My basement shop is not a perfect rectangle. I stopped trying to find the optimum location. I hung them up on opposite ends blowing towards each other. I also had to work around dust collection ducts.

They are up and running and I already feel the difference.

I'm also a huge proponent of getting a Dylos meter and not taking off my respirator mask until the particle count gets back to baseline/ambient air. To me, worth every cent.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

They should point so that they blow the air in the same circular path when they run together, and ideally be on opposite sides of the shop. If you have them on opposite sides, they would point in opposite directions, since the air is moving the opposite direction on the other side.

Basically the path is such that the air blows from the fan-out side of one unit into the filter-in side of the other unit. In theory, that should keep all the air moving and going through both filters as often as possible. If you have a unit heater or other fan, it should also be in the same circular path.