Thread: Please help, my Bosch Glide has an issue....

Please help, my Bosch Glide has an issue....

I have the 12" Bosch Glide miter saw. Most of the time I just use it for rough breakdown but I had some longer parts I needed to cut square so I wanted to make sure it was dialed in. My first cut of about a 10" wide piece was about .2 degrees out of square so I loosened everything up, got it square, and then checked by making some cuts. .2 degrees out of square again. Loosen, check, recut, .2 out of square. Rinse, repeat about five times. At this point I was obviously really frustrated. As I was doing more fiddling I realized what was going on; when I tighten down the miter lock knob, it skews to one side just a bit.

Anyone had this problem? Any suggestions on finding/fixing the culprit?

Have you tried setting it to .2 degrees out of square in the other direction before tightening? This can be done with a piece of tape or two on whatever you are using to set square. If you are lucky, when you tighten it it will end up dead on.

Also, make sure there is no dirt or dust in the locking mechanism. And look for burrs on the locking mechanism parts. Is there anyway you can clamp the moving pieces before tightening the setting?
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--