Thread: Type 7, 4 1/2 Frog Needed

Type 7, 4 1/2 Frog Needed

A request! If anyone has or sees a type 7 frog I would like to buy one. I have a plane and the top of the frog is broken off with lateral adjustment lever. I'm thinking there is more chance you guys would have/see one than I would. I would cover all costs. It would have to be only the frog as and wood would get caught up with CITIES

Blog Entries
    Unless you have a desire to keep your plane pure type 7, a type 6 through type 8 frog would work fine. The type 6 would have right hand threads on the depth adjuster. A type 4 or type 5 frog would also fit but the lateral lever is different on the type 5 and non-existent on a type 4.

Also a frog from a #6 or #7 would also be usable for this plane.

When a frog for a ##8 was needed for one of my planes my source was nhplaneparts. The shipping might make it more to your liking to find someone on your side of the pond.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Thanks, Jim. Good info! I will take a look at your referal. I'm not worried on threads. It explains a situation on a #8 have.

If anyone has a type 7 or anything Jim has mentioned, please drop me a line.

Blog Entries
    Check eBay item number:153810542706

It is listed as being in the UK.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

Jim, very good ebay skills. Order is placed. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Blog Entries
    You are welcome Graham.

jtk