Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Casolin shapers?

New? Used? I really like the Fujis, they are a bit more complex if you want to start playing with settings.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Warner View Post
    New? Used? I really like the Fujis, they are a bit more complex if you want to start playing with settings.
    It's new, Marshall Wolff was a bit slower shipping (to be expected). This is the 5th fuji for me, I really like them as well. Oddly this one didnt come with the full thickness manual like the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Sankovich View Post
    It's new, Marshall Wolff was a bit slower shipping (to be expected). This is the 5th fuji for me, I'm a fan as well. Oddly this one didnt come with the full thickness manual like the others.
    There in stock stuff is low, and if they don't have it, its usually a week until they get it and then ship it out.

Blog Entries
    Has anyone successfully used the direct brake on a euro motor with a vfd. I'm sure I could program the vfd to energize a contactor for the brake, but I'm not really sure there is a benefit over the dynamic braking just using the vfd.

20200426_153231.jpg
    Screenshot_20200426-225017_Drive.jpg
    20200426_222737.jpg

Any thoughts?

Also it would appear to me that I can run 120v to this spindle lock solenoid to gain functionality.
    20200426_153439.jpg

I am not sure on that with a vfd. Most of these machines have an interlock with that brake. Can't turn machine on with brake switched off. Being 110v its probably run off the control transformer in the machine.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Warner View Post
    I am not sure on that with a vfd. Most of these machines have an interlock with that brake. Can't turn machine on with brake switched off. Being 110v its probably run off the control transformer in the machine.
    I should have picked up a rpc from AR during their 25% off sale.. though I'd still have odd spindle speeds at 60hz.

I think I'll just open up the brake clearance gap and leave it disconnected.

I think I could still feed the solenoid from the control transformer and program some interlock logic into the vfd. Though I'm pretty quick on the stop button when I forget the lock in engaged on one of my other shapers....
    20200426_153346.jpg