Thread: Patience Finally Pays Off!

Blog Entries

Patience Finally Pays Off!

Many years ago a friend gave me a BBQ fork that is beyond what most folks consider a BBQ fork.

It was the most beloved fork used by my wife and me in our garden. Often with both of us wanting to use it at the same time.

Over the years my hunt for the Hercules Food Service fork has been fruitless. In the Bruce Page's thread "Good Quality Steak Knives" someone mentioned a vendor. My search on the vendor indicated they sold BBQ equipment. Of course they didn't have any thing like the fork of my desire.

But what the heck, why not search ebay again. Alas! There were three of them listed:

Hercules Fork.jpg

Now there are only two.

That is the kind of fork you want when lifting a side of beef off the grill or when you are doing some serious weeding in the yard.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Me want one!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Citerone View Post
    Me want one!
    Search > Hercules food service fork < on ebay and there are two. A little higher price than my purchase.

Better hurry, someone else may also want one.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

Looks like something your friendly local blacksmith ought to be able to whip up pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    Many years ago a friend gave me a BBQ fork that is beyond what most folks consider a BBQ fork.

It was the most beloved fork used by my wife and me in our garden. Often with both of us wanting to use it at the same time.

Over the years my hunt for the Hercules Food Service fork has been fruitless. In the Bruce Page's thread "Good Quality Steak Knives" someone mentioned a vendor. My search on the vendor indicated they sold BBQ equipment. Of course they didn't have any thing like the fork of my desire.

But what the heck, why not search ebay again. Alas! There were three of them listed:

Hercules Fork.jpg

Now there are only two.

That is the kind of fork you want when lifting a side of beef off the grill or when you are doing some serious weeding in the yard.

jtk
    I trust you wash it in between��

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Garson View Post
    I trust you wash it in between��
    We have never used one for cooking. If we did we would certainly scrub it down. Maybe even a vinegar bath with some wire brushing.

jtk

We have never used one for cooking. If we did we would certainly scrub it down. Maybe even a vinegar bath with some wire brushing.

jtk
    Clean and sanitary are not the same at all. If you wash it off and scrub lightly it will be clan enough to use. then hold it over the fire until it is at least 170F at the working end and hold that temperature for a minute or two. That will kill anything alive unless it is big enough to see with the naked eye.
    If it is that big it should have been scrubbed off first. Stuff like snails and bugs take longer to heat the inner core up hot enough to kill everything inside.
    Bil lD

Blog Entries
    Stuff like snails and bugs take longer to heat the inner core up hot enough to kill everything inside.
    A friend once told me the common snail in Northern California were actually an invasive species brought in by an immigrant who raised them for their culinary properties. Of course there were escapees and the rest is history.

jtk

A friend once told me the common snail in Northern California were actually an invasive species brought in by an immigrant who raised them for their culinary properties. Of course there were escapees and the rest is history.

jtk

Brought from France in two barrels to farm and sell to the gold miners. Farm went broke when the miners did not care to eat snails. They escaped in a stampede from the farm near San Jose, in todays Silicon valley and have spread over the state. The banana slug is native to california and much bigger.
    Bil lD.

https://sempervirens.org/discover-re.../banana-slugs/

The wisest thing my 17 year old daughter ever said was, "Patience takes a long time." It was in a whiny voice -- She was three.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John Goodin View Post
    The wisest thing my 17 year old daughter ever said was, "Patience takes a long time." It was in a whiny voice -- She was three.
    That is a wise comment from a three year old.

My way of looking at it is true patience does not take notice of time's passage. It is the failing of patience bringing my wallet out, often too quickly.

jtk