Thread: Michigan Rummy made of wood #4

Michigan Rummy made of wood #4

P1010374.jpg
    This is the 4th one I made. It, just as the others, are made of cherry wood. It is finished with warm cherry stain and semi-gloss top coat.
    Wood working is like a vicious cycle. The more tools you buy the more you find to buy.

Very nice Bill. Being a transplant to Michigan, I must admit I haven’t heard of Michigan Rummy, but then again, I don’t know how to play Euchre either (Ha!). Anyway, it looks great...for however you use it.

awesome nice work
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

That's really nice. Is that a decal of some sort? Did you print it or buy it?
    Beranek's Law:

It has been remarked that if one selects his own components, builds his own enclosure, and is convinced he has made a wise choice of design, then his own loudspeaker sounds better to him than does anyone else's loudspeaker. In this case, the frequency response of the loudspeaker seems to play only a minor part in forming a person's opinion.
    L.L. Beranek, Acoustics (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1954), p.208.

I purchased the game, which is made of thin plastic. I cut the "decal" away from the rest of the game leaving the underlying plastic attached. I then took this piece to my local Staples and I made color copies on card stock. I then cut the piece out using an exacto knife. Sound like a bunch of work, doesn't it? It is possible to separate the decal from the plastic and then use it, but the paper tears easily and the piece winds up being to thin. One can tell it's been compromised.
    Wood working is like a vicious cycle. The more tools you buy the more you find to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Winter View Post
    I purchased the game, which is made of thin plastic. I cut the "decal" away from the rest of the game leaving the underlying plastic attached. I then took this piece to my local Staples and I made color copies on card stock. I then cut the piece out using an exacto knife. Sound like a bunch of work, doesn't it? It is possible to separate the decal from the plastic and then use it, but the paper tears easily and the piece winds up being to thin. One can tell it's been compromised.
    Thanks! I have one of those cheesy, vacuum formed plastic things. I'll try scanning it.
    Beranek's Law:

It has been remarked that if one selects his own components, builds his own enclosure, and is convinced he has made a wise choice of design, then his own loudspeaker sounds better to him than does anyone else's loudspeaker. In this case, the frequency response of the loudspeaker seems to play only a minor part in forming a person's opinion.

I have extras of the center thingys. PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Winter View Post
    I have extras of the center thingys. PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one.
    PM sent. Thank you!
    Beranek's Law: