Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: compressor pressure reset

I stand corrected sir. I got distracted the middle of my response and when I came back to finish I was thinking about a different situation for some reason. Something about the tire not being set on the rim Apologies for my misinformation

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Doug, if he fills one tire to the required 100 psi and the pressure in his tank drops to 95 psi, he can’t fill the next tire unless he bleeds the tank back down to 80 psi and compressor pumps back up. Essentially, he’s wasting 15 psi and the energy it took to generate it, each time.
    I was spraying all day yesterday and the fumes must have been getting to me. :^) Back 20 years ago when I got my IR compressor, all the 80 gallon tanks were two-stage, and they sat at 175 psi. It sounds like things have changed.

No shortage of 2-stage's these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruperto Mendiones View Post
    An alternate means would be to buy a tank of nitrogen to inflate the tires. Until I got the motorhome, the compressor serviced all my needs easily.
    You might need a pretty big nitrogen tank. Typical pressure in a tank is 2000 psi but the volume is not huge - just about 80 cu ft in a "Q" tank, the largest you can own AFAIK. You can lease larger tanks. But the pressure will go down quickly with use. Maybe OK for topping off? But if you buy a tank you need to buy a regulator and hose and fittings too, can get expensive.

I have truck and trailer tires that need 90 psi and sometimes I also wish the turn-on pressure were a bit higher - I think mine is set to come on at about 85 psi. I use an IR 5hp two stage 60 gal compressor.

What about one like this for topping off tires: https://www.amazon.com/GSPSCN-Portab.../dp/B07VVC1JHD I've used a smaller one on a truck tire and it worked OK but wasn't real fast.

JKJ