Thread: Shop Dust Collection? PICS

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Shop Dust Collection? PICS

I finally decided to install rigid dust collection ducts after experiencing the hassle of moving flexible hoses from machine to machine. I looked at PVC, galvanized steel duct both spiral and smooth wall and the Nordfab stuff. The Nordfab system is appealing but the advantages don't seem to outweigh the cost savings and availability using ordinary galv. steel duct. My installation would be fairly simple involving two straight runs in an L shape with three drop downs; one to a lathe, another to a jointer and planer and the last in the run to a tablesaw with table mounted router and separate shaper. My Powermatic 2hp dust collector might be too small for the task but I was hoping to use it until being able to afford something more powerful. I thought a good place to position it might be a small space at the end of a mezzanine, which is at one end of one duct run. The outlet would be very close to the elevation of the duct runs. The duct run with two drop downs would be along the wall where most of the machines are located. A good place to run it might be wedged between the rafter ties and joists. Attached are a couple of pics of the areas mentioned. Any comments or suggestions? Sorry for the clutter and disorganized mess in the shop. This is something I know needs to be improved.
    Misc 001.jpgMisc 002.jpgMisc 003.jpg
    Last edited by Steve Mathews; 02-21-2020 at 6:52 PM.